Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 7 months ago #46224

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My Grand Daughter Letty ..Born 5.15 AM this morning .5 pounds 6 oz .I know its not boat related but Females in my family are outnumbered 15 to 1 so she is special ..We thought we were gonna lose her in the first few months But she made it .Shes a survivor like Grand Pa ..When you work in health care on the other end of the Life Cycle were theres pain and death involved For me to hold this innocent new life in my hands that is part of me also I just cant explain how deeply it touchs my heart .She will be Grand Pas First Mate .. Larry ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 7 months ago #46225

bobo,

CONGRADS Grand Pa!

PURTY grrl, too.

have you bought her a fine quality shotgun & a boat/motor/trailer YET? - if NOT, you're behind the power curve.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 7 months ago #46232

Congrats!

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 7 months ago #46234

shes beautiful larry,congrats to you and your family,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 7 months ago #46236

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Larry,

Nothing can touch a man's heart like a baby girl. You're a very lucky man! Congrats and many, many happy days ahead to you both.

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46240

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Congratulations to you and the family, Larry. Hard to describe the feeling, but they will melt your heart I know. Better get started on a boat for her right away! :laugh:

Mark

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46241

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'm happy for you. Havin' kids (or grand kids) is just the coolest thing goin'. Have a great time with them!
Shipster

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46243

Children are great, but Grandchildren are a blessing. I have number 5 on the way.

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46251

Congrats to you and your family on a new grandchild. :cheer:

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46271

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
MarkS wrote:

Congratulations to you and the family, Larry. Hard to describe the feeling, but they will melt your heart I know. Better get started on a boat for her right away! :laugh:

Actually its been started for awhile now ..I saw this pic of the Comanders Delmar at the dock with his Child looking out the window .

I thought Wow that would be cool to take the Grand Kids out in .While I was trying to find out about that little boat it brought me here to meet all of you fine people . That took me on a Journey to meet Neil almost a 1000 miles away to get this

And that became this after a year so far .

So Letty , Anden and Daltons boat has been underway for awhile .I hope the Higher Power Grants me enought time to build some memories in this boat with them and that someday after they throw dirt in my face That the beautiful 5 pound Girl I first held yesterday will take her Children out in this boat and tell them ..Your Great Grand Pa saved this boat .He was a Good Man .

Ild like to Thank you all here for helping me with information and encouragement on this Project . I know ild have never got this far with out it .Also for being friends during a time when Life had beat me up pretty good .Things have really started to turn around for the Good now . Thank You !
Larry
Attachments:

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46273

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Larry,

That is one sweet looking boat! The lines are simply classic. I appreciate the thoughts of sharing time with your kids and grandkids on her. As I said before, you are a very lucky man.

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46383

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hey larry. yes your grand daughter is very cute, and the look on your face says your going to have fun and spoiler her alot. my only grand son is going to be 2 next month and he lives 1/4 mile away so i do not get much boat repair time in on my projects. but he does get alot of tractor rides. here he is trying to start my merc this spring. take care of you and your new baby, talk later frog
Attachments:

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46390

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations to you and your family Larry. Grand kids are the greatest.
You look younger than when I met you in Wyo. for the Del Mar. What gives?!?
You may remember this shot of our granddaughter.
Attachments:

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46392

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

Congratulations to you and your family Larry. Grand kids are the greatest.
You look younger than when I met you in Wyo. for the Del Mar. What gives?!?
You may remember this shot of our granddaughter.

I remember your G D Neil .. Sure is a Cutey and looks like fun .I look younger ?? Im a year older .. 52 now ...Maybe it was from being on the road 2 days then . Or that Ive lost 35 pounds and feel a heck of alot better now .Or I was in a pretty Weird time in my life back then . Stress can get ya ..Im doing alot better . Found my Mojo again ...L.O.L... Frog I bet you cant wait till that little guy can help ya with your boats .. Thanks to all for the congrats .. Larry

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46396

you all are truly lucky to have kids and grand kids,my wife and i wanted kids badly,but couldnt have them,i often wonder what our kids and grand kids would have been like?
we have been together 31 years so we could have had 30 year old kids,but we do have our neice and 3 nephews that we love very much.
you guys are truly blessed,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46399

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John
I am sure that you and your wife are blessed in many other ways.
Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46415

thanks neil,im blessed to have my wife ,im not sure its the other way around,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46417

John, my best friend did not get married until later in his life and then to an 11 yr older than him woman with a daughter. The daughter got married and had some kids. Now he is a Gramdpa. The best part is although none of his blood is in his veins he looks amazingly like Gramps. Don't despair not everyone has kids. The shame is having kids and not wanting them. We see it in the news everyday. Parents murdering and beating children.
If you have made a difference in some youngsters life then you are a success. My Great Uncle had a boy. He was an only child and a teenager in 1972. He did the unthinkable and took God's greatest gift. (his life) But my Great Aunt and Uncle made so many others children happy in the following years. He would deliver Easter Baskets to all the kids in his station wagon. Did you ever see an old large station wagon full of Easter Baskets? I have but the best part was seeing their smiling faces in the front seat. RIP Francis and Edith Lorigan.

No we are sometimes blessed in different ways. Although they lost their only child they gave to others. I was to get their estate but it was eaten by Edith's care in her last years. She had stayed with us for good deal of time but needed 24 hour care.

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46422

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi John,

I always say I got the better end of this bargain and my wife should have been more selective, at least checking the oil level and kicking the tires a bit more. Now she's stuck with a deck that's soft in places and a motor that can be a bit tempermental at times but she keeps me in the boathouse anyway.

Have a great day. Stay motivated!!!

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46428

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
john_gibson wrote:

you all are truly lucky to have kids and grand kids,my wife and i wanted kids badly,but couldnt have them,i often wonder what our kids and grand kids would have been like?
we have been together 31 years so we could have had 30 year old kids,but we do have our neice and 3 nephews that we love very much.
you guys are truly blessed,john

You are blessed my Friend .Threw all of Lifes trials and tribulations youve had the Love of a beautiful Woman for 31 years .Thats rare in this day and age .Children Grow up and leave but you still have your best friend by your side . Ive tasted the tears of betrayal twice . I ended up raiseing my 2 sons by myself .For you to have found your Soulmate .. Well thats a Gift from the Higher Power .Ive never walked along side you or broken bread with you but I can tell that your a Very Good Man .My Guess is your nephews and niece consider you more as a Grand Pa and a Role model .Ill also bet that many friends have you on thier best people Ive known list .Even thow youve never had children Thats a pretty good Legacy to leave behind . Larry

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46433

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Well said and seconded, Bobo!

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46457

wow guys,you are right i am,i have my great wife and i have great friends like you!!!!now lets get back to that beautiful little girl,its great to get to know the ones you talk to everyday on here,you learn that this site is about more than boats,but friends also,now lets hear about those boats,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46502

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
john_gibson wrote:

wow guys,you are right i am,i have my great wife and i have great friends like you!!!!now lets get back to that beautiful little girl,its great to get to know the ones you talk to everyday on here,you learn that this site is about more than boats,but friends also,now lets hear about those boats,lol,john

Did I mention you still have your Hair and that Cool Guy Don Johnson look happening for you ....L.O.L...Do you have a neighbor named Tubs ?? Sometimes I wish we could have a National Convention so I could meet a bunch of you guys ..That would be a Hoot I bet ..
Larry

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46506

don johnson,lol,thats funny,lol.
yes it would be great for a national meet ,but im not rich,lol,it would have to be close,lol.
the meets/shows i have been too were great,meeting the other fg folks.it would be a great pleasure to meet you and the others.john

---Mark Twain

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46530

john, you need a white bimini bay outfit and some cool sandals to complete the johnson look. :) don johnson that is.lol

Re:The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46533

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Morning Ron,

You are not right! That was darn funny but.....just kidding. Have a great day everyone!!!

Re: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World 12 years 6 months ago #46723

• dtrek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes she is Im new here but you do look proud im a new grandpa to i think all babys look like grandma & graddpa .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)