Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remember Sept 11 2001

Remember Sept 11 2001 12 years 7 months ago #43864

• elgindave
  • elgindave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Please take a moment of silence for all the fallen Americans of that day in NYC. :(
Edited,

Sorry. Put 2002 instead of 2001. The Flag I'm flyng today is autograft by The late Bob Heft. Designer of our Flag we use today.
He signed it at Ground Zero in 2002.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Remember Sept 11 2002 12 years 7 months ago #43870

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Right on Dave, I've had my flag up all weekend as well. Watching the footage over again still gives me a lump in my throat, kinda rekindles the fire inside too.

Mark

Re:Remember Sept 11 2002 12 years 7 months ago #43871

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
2001 my friends. Let's not also forget Washington, DC and Central PA. But no, not a day goes by...
Shipley Lucas
American

Re:Remember Sept 11 2002 12 years 7 months ago #43876

My Dad was riding with me on that day. We heard something about an airplane crashing in New York at the Trade Center. I stopped to do a termite bid on A HOUSE IN West Kittanning. After I bid the job she mentioned how horrible the live video was on TV. She snapped it on and in about three seconds the first tower went down. My Dad and a lady I never met watched in silence before we realized it was live TV. We knew thousands must have died that instant. We had a full day of jobs planned and my last job was to look at a Log home for Carpenter ants. The man was stuck in traffic in Pittsburgh because all the big buildings were evacuated and traffic stalled. My Dad and I sat in his yard looking up at the cloudless blue sky with no airplanes in it. Dad is gone now, three years in October.

Re:Remember Sept 11 2001 12 years 7 months ago #43951

Just got back in town and on my computer. I remember it vividly. I was on the USS Enterprise, down in Combat, in the Division Office watching CNN, we were on our way to South Africa for a port call. We had just turned over duties with the USS Carl Vinson in the North Arabian Sea. We were ALL extremely pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as the Skipper and the Battle Group Admiral, on board, saw what had happened we immediately turned around and went right back next to the Carl Vinson and waited for Instructions from the Joint Chiefs. We were turned around before we ever got the orders from Washington, to do so. We were basically bombing the hell out of Afghanistan a day or so later!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)