Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis)

My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40731

I just spent 6 days in the hospital. If anyone wondered where I went, I promise I didn't have any fun. Feel like shit. I be back later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40735

robert i hope ya get to feeling better,i have the same thing,i get the symptoms at least 2 times a week if not more.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40740

Robert,
Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. I wondered what happened to you, hadn't seen you post in a while. I hope they've given you something to fight it. You and John are both in our prayers and hope you get better soon Take care buddy.

Bob

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40743

Well I was fighting something last week before I went to Johnstown. My last posts last Sunday was just prior to caving in to the pain. I had antibiotics running straight into my veins until this morning.I'm still in pain. I have to have one of them colon probes after it clears up. Tomatoes are ripening great in the garden and it is the second worst food for me now. Anything corn is a taboo right now. I'm on a low fiber diet for now. I do have a perforation in there. I do have to have to get a section cut out and sewn back up.

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40767

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very sorry to hear about your troubles Robert, best wishes for a speedy recovery sir! (Those "high-fiber" diets take some getting used to, best of luck my friend.)

Mark

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #40773

I have to have low fiber while it heals. I had gas and fecal material,puss and infection leaking out of the bowl. I had a pretty high fiber diet before. Thanks for the well wish's. I have to figure a way out to eat low fiber , low sugar for a few weeks.

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #41317

Dam it not fun at times getting old. Jim had surgery on his knee and I had my right leg amutated at the knee. I'm up and getting around with a wheel chair and walker but my arms are not yet up to taking the place of that leg. Well at least we are not llke those healthy people laying in the hospital diing of nothing. We got something to show for it or in my case somethig gone.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #41332

pathfinderz1, Did you get a parrot yet?

Re:My Hospital Stay (diverticulitis) 12 years 8 months ago #41344

Sorry to hear of your diverticulitis problems. Elizabeth has the same battle with it, flaring up almost weekly. Get well soon Robert.

Dave touched on my knee surgery 1 week ago today. Had torn miniscus fixed in left knee. Been walking (limping around) on it, as dr. told me to do, but it still hurts quite a bit, but is getting better since surgery.

I think now that a couple of high flying "bounces" in the G-3 will cure it completely!!!

Robert and John G, stay on top of the diverticulitis problems and don't let it get worse!!

Pic here of Elizabeth and I last night on our 29th wedding anniversary. Now thats a long time to put up with me!!!! She's a keeper!!!

Jim S.
Attachments:

Jim Savage
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7223 guests and no members online