Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: oh well...goodbye truck...

oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39714

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
i finally came to the realization that i won't be workin anymore. it took 2 years to accept that. i absolutely love this truck but 10 mpg is getting unaffordable when its not making me any money, and i don't want to see it detiorate just sitting in my driveway. i listed it on craiglist yesterday and by nightfall i had someone interested. i probably under priced it as i did my 16' utility trailer. 2004 chevy silverado 3500 mason dump 4x4, 51,000 miles in exc. shape. $16,000
he's coming at noon tomorrow to probably leave a deposit. deep down i hope he changes his mind. lol
right now i think i'm going to roll over that money into a 2009 kia sorrento lx awd. i know a few people that have them and they have nothing negative to say about them.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39734

Ron,
Sorry to hear that. That's definitely a man's man truck, but at 10 mpg, ouch! Can't blame you. Ive heard good things about the Kia's but I don't buy anything other then American, actually Gm since I can get a discount from my father-in-law. ;) Just make sure you cans still pull some decent weight with it or it doesn't do you much good. :lol:

Bob

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39735

When I sold my 96 F-150 I felt that bad feeling in my gut. When I bought it I wanted a 300 6 cylinder standard overdrive with an 8 ft bed for my business. They always got me 17-18 mpg and at 50 thousand miles a year that was good. I got this one with lower mileage but it was a 302 v-8 automatic overdrive with a six foot bed. My ladder racks wouldn't fit and the box was too small. The AC worked too. First tank I drove super easy and got 21.5 mpg. Next tank I drove normal and got 20.5 mpg. My legs and knees were bad and I sure enjoyed no using a clutch. In days I was in love. It was hard to sell but I had to sell it when I was forced to retire. The truck I have now was made from parts of several trucks over a 3 year period. This truck does not have any more than 6-8 hundred into it. This is the one I built.
Attachments:

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39738

Nicely done Robert!!!!

Bob

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39754

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Reality can be kinda harsh when it bites you in the butt like that Ron, I know you feel bad about unloading the Silverado. Just keep tellin' yourself you're doing the right thing in the long run, 'cause you are. ;)

Bob, I know what you're saying and I'm the same way. However, today many of the "imports" are built here in the USA and many of the "domestic" brands are built overseas, or use mostly parts imported from offshore anyway! SOME Kia's are built right here in Georgia, not sure which models though...

You sure can't tell that's a "pieced together" pickup Robert, great job! Hard times sometimes call for drastic measures, it's all in how we deal with them. Proud of all you guys. :P

Mark

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39766

One thing for sure, I always did my own work with my own hands. I did all of these, and many more.
Attachments:

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39790

Robert,
Great stuff, you do good work my friend.

Mark,
I know what you mean but technically the money and profits still go back to Corporate. Don't want to get into that whole thing. ;)

Bob

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39795

I didn't have ANY problem accepting that I couldn't do what I used to. 35yrs of busting my ass was enough. It's a little frustrating not to be able to do as much for as long as usual but that's the beauty of it. I can do what I want when I want to do it...

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39807

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
whoop whoop....its still mine. the knot is gone from my stomach. i've been on pins and needles since the guy called and said he was interested. nice guy, but he needed a 2' high dump body as where mine was 1'. so i'm going to look into just selling the dump body and replacing with a 8' pick-up body. tomorrow i might have another idea. lol i change like the weather. sittin in dialysis for 3 1/2 hrs. i do a lot of thinking.
has anyone else ever experienced this with having to part with something? ron
Attachments:

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39813

Oh yeah, When I sale any of my trucks that didn't have over 300,000 on them I seem to think I still need them. I sold a few atv's when I needed money and a few years back I had my boat for sale cheap and was happy no one wanted it. I sold my property 6 years ago that I lived on for 20 years. I had my garage on it. Those pics you may see it. I built it also. That block basement building attached to it was moved about 130 feet up hill onto that basement that I built. It also was jacked up about 20 feet in the process. It was done in my spare time over a few week period. I had my shop tools in there. If I had to sell any of my guns it would kill me. I have never sold a firearm. I gave the boys some. I have all my Dad's and Grandfathers too. I don't sell a lot of things. I use my vehicles until they are done. My last car I had about 8 years. I sold it when my wife had a 2007 Ford Focus given to her by an old lady who gave up driving. I hardly ever drove it myself. That Lincoln pictured above I gave it to the son you see after he got married. He sold it to a man who drove it in a demolition derby. Yes just a few months after that picture was taken. My other son was running a car and I had to go. I broke my heart to see that car in a demolition derby. It had just over 70,000 miles on it and was rust free. It also got 22 mpg and had nothing wrong with it. I will never give him another car. I felt for you Ron, I know how you feel.
Attachments:

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39814

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
OH YEAH! Seemed like a good idea at the time, then decide you really don't want to get rid of it? The day I watched my Cutter leave the parking lot behind the new owners truck it changed. Called "seller's remorse" at that point. :(

Mark

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39879

Yeah, I felt the same way when I had to sell my '73 Challenger. I loved that car. Had just repainted her Forrest Green metallic. Kid who bought it, blew up the transmission two weeks later doing reverse slamm's and peeled the perfectly good vinyl roof off and painted her red. :S It was a very sad day when it left my driveway. I was only 18 at the time but it still killed me. Hurts me still to think about it. I loved that car. :(

Bob

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39887

boy that truck would go great with my mini backhoe,lol,but my dodge ram hemi only gets 10mpg too,lol.
and i also know what you mean about not being able to work hard anymore,3 heart attacks /emphysema/arthritus in my joints have slowed me waydown,just got fitted with knee brace,and am getting knee injections in both knees,1 a week for 5 weeks.
and i really know of sellers remorse,i sold my fathers 257 magnum,weatherby from the 1960s for 1000 bucks so i could get my garage/shed,it was worth a whole lot more to me,he loved that gun,what a fool i was.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:oh well...goodbye truck... 12 years 8 months ago #39888

oh yeah i also sold my 74 mustang II for 300 bucks to buy my wifes engagement ring,it wasnt much of a ring,but she loved it,so there was no sellers remorse for that,im happy i did it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6023 guests and no members online