Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Reality of Japan

The Reality of Japan 13 years 2 weeks ago #28742

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have Been looking over the damage on the north east part of the island, and I think what would be interesting to point out is the lesson we learned from the flooding in New Orleans and apply that to the tsunami that happen.

the way I been watching it, in the news and on goggle-earth using geo-eye, I see from the top of the north east end of the island down toward Tokyo there is heavy earth quake damage. Next you have the utter destruction of Japan East shore for hundred of miles by the Tsunami that goes miles inland, dragging with it every thing that would contribute to having a hazmat situation within the debris and mud.

Now if that wasn't enough, there is the nuclear plant, which for me it is hard to grasp how the "experts" are comparing one reactor exploding in Russia, to four that have possibly melted downs and are noticeably damaged (1,2,3,4) and two others 5,6 that seem to be unstable, how can they say what has happen in japan is not equal to Chernobyl when it's 4-to-1?

Chernobyl, by what I have read has a 50 mile by 100 mile "area-of-death", if you apply that to Fukushima power Station 1 that would take out just north of toyko to the north end of the Island, looking at Fukushima power Station 2 which is around 8 miles directly south of Station 1, it to appears heavily damaged and has 4 reactors but there have been no reports about station 2 other than what you can see in GE using Goe-eye.

According to Wikipeda, japan only had 13% of the island being used for "farming" this looks to be in the northeast area also around many of their fishing ports.

giving their farming and their fishing industry has taking a major hit in the north east, the survivors will want to leave the north end and make their way down to the south west because it is warmer, south of Tokyo, bringing with them all of the germs and infections with them.

As you probably don't know Japan is slightly smaller than the State of California, by my best guess it looks as if you could fold California in half and figure you have the good side, and you would have the uninhabitable side, being ruffly 350 miles long and 100 miles wide.

being it is now April, what will happen when the typhoon seasons starts, by what I have read last September japan got hit with a super typhoon called "Henry", what would a typhoon do to the above situation?

The earth quake damage and the Hazmat problem from the floods caused by the tsunami, The uncontrollable radiation from power station 1, and the possibility of a typhoon going into all this would have to be a major worldly concern and has yet to be discussed, but should make for an interesting beginning to the year 2012.
Power Station One (before)
Power Station One (After)

*Note, how power station one looks as if it was carved out of a cliff, that is a 1/4 mile drop. the face of the drop was completely "scrubbed" by the tsunami waves.

for all the "webcam" lovers out there, here is a link that has a webcam pointed at PS1, the big tall towers you see are emergency ventilation exhaust towers.

Live webcam of PS1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Reality of Japan 13 years 2 weeks ago #28757

i think a lot of them will be fleeing out of the country as they can't believe any more what their government is telling them. i also believe the fallout which has reached the west coast isn't as mild as they say. our government wouldn't want to create a panic either.

Re:The Reality of Japan 13 years 1 week ago #29628

houston wrote:

I have Been looking over the damage on the north east part of the island, and I think what would be interesting to point out is the lesson we learned from the flooding in New Orleans and apply that to the tsunami that happen.

the way I been watching it, in the news and on goggle-earth using geo-eye, I see from the top of the north east end of the island down toward Tokyo there is heavy earth quake damage. Next you have the utter destruction of Japan East shore for hundred of miles by the Tsunami that goes miles inland, dragging with it every thing that would contribute to having a hazmat situation within the debris and mud.

Now if that wasn't enough, there is the nuclear plant, which for me it is hard to grasp how the "experts" are comparing one reactor exploding in Russia, to four that have possibly melted downs and are noticeably damaged (1,2,3,4) and two others 5,6 that seem to be unstable, how can they say what has happen in japan is not equal to Chernobyl when it's 4-to-1?

Chernobyl, by what I have read has a 50 mile by 100 mile "area-of-death", if you apply that to Fukushima power Station 1 that would take out just north of toyko to the north end of the Island, looking at Fukushima power Station 2 which is around 8 miles directly south of Station 1, it to appears heavily damaged and has 4 reactors but there have been no reports about station 2 other than what you can see in GE using Goe-eye.

According to Wikipeda, japan only had 13% of the island being used for "farming" this looks to be in the northeast area also around many of their fishing ports.

giving their farming and their fishing industry has taking a major hit in the north east, the survivors will want to leave the north end and make their way down to the south west because it is warmer, south of Tokyo, bringing with them all of the germs and infections with them.

As you probably don't know Japan is slightly smaller than the State of California, by my best guess it looks as if you could fold California in half and figure you have the good side, and you would have the uninhabitable side, being ruffly 350 miles long and 100 miles wide.

being it is now April, what will happen when the typhoon seasons starts, by what I have read last September japan got hit with a super typhoon called "Henry", what would a typhoon do to the above situation?

The earth quake damage and the Hazmat problem from the floods caused by the tsunami, The uncontrollable radiation from power station 1, and the possibility of a typhoon going into all this would have to be a major worldly concern and has yet to be discussed, but should make for an interesting beginning to the year 2012.

Power Station One (before)
Power Station One (After)

*Note, how power station one looks as if it was carved out of a cliff, that is a 1/4 mile drop. the face of the drop was completely "scrubbed" by the tsunami waves.

for all the "webcam" lovers out there, here is a link that has a webcam pointed at PS1, the big tall towers you see are emergency ventilation exhaust towers.

Live webcam of PS1

mark hit the nail on the head. he posted almost 2 weeks ago that the accident in japan would be a chernobyl. now they're finally admitting it. after seeing the new pics from mark, its going to be worse than chernobyl. ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6085 guests and no members online