Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: This will interrupt your day.

This will interrupt your day. 13 years 2 months ago #26024

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Came up on this on my way to work today.
No one injured. Just soiled undergarments.
The pavement was dry. Just got hit with a wind gust and pushed him into the snow at the edge of the highway and it pulled him into the ditch.
Neil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:This will interrupt your day. 13 years 2 months ago #26027

looks like too much weight for that pickup...

Re:This will interrupt your day. 13 years 2 months ago #26029

On our way to Buffalo NY Saturday (normally a 5 hour trip for us), we saw innumerable vehicles (interestingly enough, mostly Jeep products) off the road in the ditch, often as we crawled through complete whiteout conditions hoping we would not get hit, or hit anything, and stay on an invisible road. In fact, these were roads we had to take because I-90 had been closed between Exits 28 and 31. We didn't even know the highway had been close till we ran into a 2 lane traffic jam a number of miles before Exit 28. We crept along for over 45 minutes before we finally saw the toll booths and could get off. When we were able to get back on, we drove for about a 1/2 hour and ran into another traffic jam, this time because of a tractor trailer jackknife blocking the interstate. We tried to get a picture of it, but were unsuccessful.

9 hours after we left home, we got to Buffalo...

Frank

Re:This will interrupt your day. 13 years 2 months ago #26034

sounds like my 9 hour trip to silver lake back in 2006. first time up there. got lost and called mark. he guided me from where i was at..almost in syracuse, to the motel we had booked in geneseo. he stayed on his cell phone with me for over 2 hrs. neither one of us realized that he would receive a bill for over $200 for the minutes. genny almost killed him. mark was the first friendship i developed from fiberglassics, and we im each other almost daily.
our initial meeting was outside of jersey city at a diner. sue and i had planned to meet him and genny there. he was drivin the big rig at the time and made weekly runs down to port newark, about 20 miles south of me. ron
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6646 guests and one member online