Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: working on the mini backhoe

working on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24430

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
well i got the new coupler in yesterday,and put it in with some slight trouble,1st i had to take off the top which is the gas tank.then the front,then pull the motor and put the new coupling in for the motor transmission connection.
in one of the pics you should be able to see the old coupler"blue"attached with a set of hose clamps,because it broke down out side and thats the only way we could get it into the garage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:woking on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24434

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like we need to add "Terramite Mechanic" to your list of accomplishments John. lol Times like that you really appreciate having a place to get it inside to work on it, right?!

Mark

Re:woking on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24438

remove the gas tank,then PULL THE MOTOR....OMG
after 11 years my new holland is loosing power steering fluid from somewhere and at $25 a gallon i should get it repaired, but i can just imagine the cost at the dealer. :( wish i had your skills john. mine are limited to landscape construction.

Re:woking on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24442

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
lol,thanks mark,and yeah its a small space but at least its inside,but hard to heat.
ron,it wasnt that bad,lol but i do need another beam in the ceiling,i had to lift the tank and motor myself by climbing into the engine compartment,and with bad back ,shoulders and knees,ouch this morning,lol and ron check to ee if your hoses are leaking 1st then take them with you to have them made ,but if you are getting ore then one mark both the hose and where it goes,so you cant mix them up,thats what i do,john.john
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:woking on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24574

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
while i had the backhoe apart i decided to try and fix the muffler,with not alot of money ,i bought a small peice of sheet steel,cut it out with a cutoff wheel ,and welded it on,also drilled out the hole that was in it and screwed a bolt down through it,then after i used jb weld to make sure i didnt have any leaks or pin holes,now i will sand it all smooth and paint it with black bar b que paint,i know its not the perfect way to do it ,but it should last until i can get another muffler,lol,john,oh yeah dont leave a can of coke in a unheated garage,lol,lol
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:woking on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24596

john, we had 6 cans of coke that we left in our fridge in pa. a few years ago. it was during the winter and furnace shut off. what a mess when we went up in the spring. ron

Re:working on the mini backhoe 13 years 2 months ago #24649

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boy ron ill bet you did,im glad i caught it before it exploded,lol.
well im done with the back hoe,and its quiet again,i also put new fuel lines on it and a new fuel filtr,its running better then ever,at least for now,lol.john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'