Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hunkering Down...

Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24273

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm sure all of us in the Midwest are ready for this storm- Not like we didn't have PLENTY of warning.

I doubled up the lines on the ship, adjusted everything, and made sure that the generators were on standby in case we loose shore power. It's NASTY out there, but forecast to get worse later-

I don't plan on going out there again tonight unless I REALLY have to :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24322

Wow looks like a rough night last night for you...

tell yea what happen here...

Between 10 pm and midnight I started checking the regional Doppler radar, and to the forecast everything seemed to be stacking up in more ways than one, went to bed...

around 5 A.M. got an automated phone call from the school saying it would be closed, which made me again check the regional, in my scan at 5 it really seemed to be ready to snap the northern top of the "coma" over you actually appeared to have started to collapse to the south east as it was forcasted, genny started getting up and I told her the schools where closed and I went back to bed..

when I got up the storm warning where lifted and the villagers where grabbing there pitch forks looking for our local weather guys

1-4 INCHES here far from a major snow storm...

what happen was simple, around 5:15 P.M. a North East shear split the collapsing Low that was turning in to sub tropical (ie with a counter clockwise rotation) which is what was in the forecast, what wasn't forecast was the North East shear that cut the low in half...which tore apart the storm at 5:15 AM our time...

ever just go out in to the garage and wonder...about ...Time?

let take the time i spend on mowing the yard once a week, which is about an Hour and a half Taking that as a guild and adding up I all ready have 6 or 8 runs on the drive way all ready, I shouldn't be able to snow blow for at least another 3 or 4 weeks and seeing Genny does have the 4X4 (that in the commercials get chased by angry snowmen) that I should be able to just...let the snow blowing go till my built up time expires.

besides when the town starts complaining about the ruts in our driveway, I could always just blame the state and the feds and tell them to go talk to them because the sky it all came from belonged to them, it's there snow....they can take it away, or if someone wants to lay it on mother nature...well heck...she put it there I sure she gonna get around to taking it away...

but then I would have to mow again....

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24334

hour and a half... whaddya have 3 acres!!! i cut my front forty in 20 minutes, and if i didn't have to empty the bag 3 to 4 times, it would be under 15.

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24335

heck over5 hours to cut our lawn,with a garden tractor,we have 9 acres and mow about 5 of it the rest is wooded,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24353

now thats a lawn...lol

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24359

BAG, as in grass catcher?

nanana, I got the PERFECT lawn mower...it has two wheels and it goes whirl whirl whirl when you puuuuuush it.

nothing like spending a little quit time alone, a man and his push mower....

found having a real big rider, the lawn got done faster than it did to get on it...

then I realized...the more stuff I got to get stuff done "faster" with made my honey-do list get longer....

so I had a 48 inch rider that was nice but to big, then I got a 36, then a 32, still it got done a bit to fast. Then I discovered if I used the 30 inch power push, well yea it took a bit longer but still not long enough, then I tried a 28 "snapper" which I was somewhat happy with, but what really allowed me to enjoy mowing the yard is the 24 inch sears....3.5 brig powered two wheel rotary....because either I can have the motor on...or just puuuuush it.

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24361

push mower (whirl,whirl,whirl) you been sittin on that bench too long. its the 21st century!!!

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24371

I pay somebody. It's a lot easier, especially when it's 100 in the shade !!!

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24372

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24400

vuyosevich wrote:

push mower (whirl,whirl,whirl) you been sittin on that bench too long. its the 21st century!!!

well...the bench-er left me here and didn't leave the keys for the cuff's, you guys see the G-3 on mythbusters..god they hacked it and put big air cylinders in it.

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24401

joenawlins wrote:

well even if I payed someone to do I would still go out and walk next to it and listen to the motor run...

Re:Hunkering Down... 13 years 1 month ago #24407

no didn't see it. the g-3 guys would cringe.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)