• Page:

TOPIC: 1964 SeaCruiser

1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 8 months ago #97499

• Onkyo
  • Onkyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It Floats. I was able to put in the water for the first time. Is was great. I have had the boat about a year already, and it sat in a barn for five years, before that. What a Blast, got lots of looks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 8 months ago #97534

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good for you Onkyo, glad to see you finally got her wet! Great looking rig, I'll bet you did get a few looks. ;)

Mark

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 8 months ago #97557

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Congrats on getting her wet. She is a fine looking boat. I hope Paul's looks as good when he is done.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 8 months ago #97559

Really like the boat! Congrats!

Did not realize the cabin forward windows open - that's great for ventilation - very nice.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 4 months ago #102474

hello sir,,,, i have a 1060 sea cruiser i was wondering if you can put up a few pictures of the interior for me. i have reconstructed y cabin from the old patterns but there were a few things missing when i got it. i have imagined what would go there or what it looked like so i want to see just what it looks like. any thing would greatly be appreciated.

thanks billy

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 4 months ago #102508

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I will try. I have some pics of the inside. I my need to resize them.

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 4 months ago #102510

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
OK That didn't work. Let me to try to resize one
Attachments:

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 4 months ago #102511

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I hope that works for you. There was a fuel tank next to the drivers seat and one across from that one, mid way. Both have been removed, but I am building new ones and plan on replacing them. If the pic does not show enough detail, let me know, maybe I can find something better.

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105613

Your 64 Sea Cruiser looks great! I have attached two photos of my 65 Sea Cruiser that has been in the family since 1972. When I took it out of the water at the end of this past summer season, I removed the two aft boat plugs and noticed a great amount of water coming out of the bottom plug hole along with a considerable amount of small brownish paper like pieces. I am very concerned as to how the water is getting below deck and what the small paper like pieces could be. I also noticed one or two small spongy spots on the deck near the aft part of the boat. Any advice you or anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ken K.

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105622

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome Ken.
I have never seen another Sea Cruiser before. I to have soft spots in my floor. I hope to remove the floor this summer, and refoam under the deck. I am also going to try replacing my original transom. When I am ready, I will seek out help from this site. The members are great, they have a wealth of knowledge, and are will to share it with you. If you don't get an answer to your question about the paper looking stuff, post your question on the general forum. Someone will have an answer.
I would love to see you Pics. Were did you post them?
Sincerely
Tink
Attachments:

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105627

kkoharki,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105649

Hi Tink,

Thank you for your email and the info you provided.I tried to attach the two pictures of my Sea Cruiser to my email, but I probably need to size them smaller. I will send you the pictures as soon as I figure this process out.

Best Regards,

Ken

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105650

Thank you satx,

I am happy to be here and looking forward to sharing information and advice.

Best Regards,

Ken

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105755

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Good morning Ken
I have the same problem with the pics. I am not real good at computer stuff. Once in a wile I get it right, Ha-ha. I have to down load the pics. to my computer, then I resize them to the smallest size that I can, and then I save them. I have trouble remembering have how to get to the resizing part. Good Luck.
Sincerely
Tink

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105846

Hi Tink,

I am not good with the technical stuff either, as you can tell. I will keep trying and send the pictures to you as soon as I can.

Best Regards,

Ken

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 9 years 1 month ago #105849

Hi Tink,

I am having a great deal of difficulty with my attempts to send you the pictures of my 1965 Sea Cruiser. What I can do is send them to you via regular email if that is ok with you. You can send me your email address to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Sorry for the delay.

Best Regards,

Ken

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 8 years 11 months ago #108308

hi i would like to think i am pretty good with a mfg sea cruiser. mine is the 1960 cuddy cabin. mine sat for 20 years on the trailer flat. my floor rotted from the bottom up transom was muuuch . i am glad someone else has a little more to start with than me. the pictures of the 64 , the seats with the holes for storage under them is commom. the front open space is the same. and from there i have a 8 foot top that makes the cabin and the front windows are shaped a little different. i have replaced the floor poured a new transom and am now painting the deck and will finish the top and hull. i will gladly help in any way i can and i have hundreds of pictures of what i had to start with and where i went from there. sorry i have been out for a while you can email if you like and we can correspond from there email me and i can give you my number
Attachments:

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 7 years 11 months ago #121737

Hi Tink,

It has been over one year since we communicated and I apologize for that but my work and some personal issues moved me in another direction. I am writing today because I am selling my 1965 MFG Sea Cruiser. I believe I had sent you some pictures of my Cruiser. I have listed the sale on the Fiberglassics classified web site. If you know anyone who might be interested, please let me know. I hope you are well.

Best Regards,

Ken

Re:1964 SeaCruiser 7 years 11 months ago #121739

Hello to all,

I am selling my 1965 MFG Sea Cruiser picture attached. Boat is in good condition. Price is negotiable. If you know anyone who might be interested, please ask them to contact me via this web site, email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or phone at 908-313-1596.

Best Regards,

Ken Koharki

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)