Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What did I get myself into?!

What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 months ago #129155

Hey y'all from Ohio! My name is Jim and this I'd my first boat! And I paid a whopping free_hundr
Oh, and what is it??!! The evinrude serial said something like a 65'..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 months ago #129156

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 months ago #129166

Nice boat! It looks like it would not be too tough to restore, if desired.

That's a 1957-1959 MFG Erie. Hard to pin down the exact year as there were few changes in that model over those years, but looking at the windshield trim from the picture, it looks like it's probably a 1958. Attached is a picture of a 1958 Cambridge docked next to my 1966 Niagara at a boat show, with the same windshield. It sure looks like yours. However, the windshield was usually optional and could have been dealer installed, so it's hard to tell for sure, but definitely a 1957, 1958, or 1959.

Since you are in Ohio, you'll need a title. What state did you buy it from? If Ohio, did you get the title to transfer? If you got it from out of state, I can give you tips on how to handle it, having bought boats in recent years from Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New York, all without titles, but properly registered in those states before purchase. Got proper Ohio titles for all.
Attachments:

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 months ago #129170

Thanks Dav!
It does have a clean title for Ohio, I have yet to get it because of schedule conflicts. I'm going to scrub the hell out of it and replace the plywood on the bow and stern. Also going to put a bilge pump in the back as it seems to have held water for a period of time near the transom.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 months ago #129171

Good to hear about the title.

The deck is mahogany plywood, so it's best to replace it with same. Pricey, but the best way to go. Regular plywood has a much different grain.

Good luck and keep us posted. We all love pictures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morrison

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 weeks ago #130669

I finally got the title for the boat. Its titled as a 1958 runabout. Still trying to get the title for the tee-nee trailer.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 weeks ago #130695

Ohio does not require a title for boat trailers under 3000 pounds. Just get it registered (you'll need the weight of the trailer) and you're good to go.

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 weeks ago #130710

Hmmm, Looks familiar. Here is my 1957 MFG / Erie

Re:What did I get myself into?! 7 years 3 weeks ago #130724

I don't see any pictures..

What did I get myself into?! 6 years 9 months ago #132410

I need help choosing the wood to replace the deck on bow and stern... I have two options 1:Joubert Okume 2:Hydrotex marine grade. Both in mahogany. Also can only get it in 4mm. What is the difference in these two? I Google and both seem the same.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)