Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm trying to I.D. this boat.

I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110460

My neighbor was going to trash this boat that has clearly been sitting outside for some time. I see potential in it and a good project to work on and have fun. The first step in fixing it up though is figuring out what it is. The data plate is unreadable. Can any of you guys help me out some. I think it's a Niagara but every photo I've looked at doesn't have the interior side panels or the dash on mine. Any Help is appreciated. Pictures in my gallery as well.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110461

Here is another photo, i'm trying to firgure out how to post mutiple picture at once...
Attachments:

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110462

This method kinda works..
Attachments:

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110463

Last picture I'll upload here..
Attachments:

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110477

Hi whitewater, the manufacturer is MFG though I'm not sure of year or model. Check out the Fiberglassic library, you might be able to match it up there.

1960 14' Speed Queen
1972 10' Tri-Cat 3
[Building] 10' Glen-L Squirt

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110537

It's a 1968 Niagara Custom. Only year with white deck and definitely a Custom with the ski racks.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110784

I didn't notice earlier but I did find a second data plate that says west field with a serial number. The boat looks like it could be a 68-70 model. But as you said the 68 Niagara custom is also a very possible match.

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #110794

The two models are very similar - my dad or I have owned both over time. If you have a plate that shows the model is Westfield, then it's probably a Westfield. With the windshield gone, it's trickier to ID - the two models had different style windshields that year.

There was a base Westfield and a Westfield Regal model. The latter came with the Sun 'n Fun seats and full canvas.

Easy way to check for sure is to measure the length.

Niagara: 14' 4 1/2" (50hp rating)
Westfield: 15' 9" (70hp rating)

In any case, it's a 1968 model. Both models always had some color on the deck, except 1968 - when decks and hulls were both white.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:I'm trying to I.D. this boat. 8 years 10 months ago #111142

Thanks for the info! It's definitely a Westfield and i measured 15'7". Now i need to decide if i'm going to add some color to it. Knowing now that it's color scheme is unique to that specific year. I've also noticed that the transom is hollow at the top but fairly thick fiberglass. I'm not sure if this is standard or if i need to do something about it. I guess i'll figure it out when i get to it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7421 guests and one member online