TOPIC: 1965 MFG Edinburg project

1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #108715

• tskyMFG
  • tskyMFG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

Well, after following all the great information on this site, I jumped in and picked up this classic. Wondering if anyone has any information on seat mounting bolts. Looks like original had rubber grommet bolts. Any idea on replacement or what type of bolts to use to mount seats to floor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #108717

• tskyMFG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
here are a couple of pics
Attachments:

Re:1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #108724

I used 1/4-20 well nuts with 1/4" grip range, and 1/4-20X3/4 SS bolts, all from local hardware store. Nice boat!

Re: 1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #108755

tskyMFG,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #108777

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Beautiful Boat
Welcome Aboard

Re: 1965 MFG Edinboro project 8 years 11 months ago #108789

• tskyMFG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, she's a beaut and I am looking forward to bringing back some of her original shine.
I did read on the brochure in the the library section that the Edinburg custom had enclosed stowage.
Any one know what that was? Under splash well area? haven't been able to figure that out yet.

Re: 1965 MFG Edinboro project 8 years 11 months ago #108873

Nice boat. I'm well familiar with it. My dad bought one used just like yours, same model and year, in 1970 and my brother still has it. Your seats are all there, so that's a real good sign. The boat has fiberglass stringers and floor, so if as long as it has not been left out in the weather uncovered, you should be good to go. If it was stored outside, open the right-hand drain on the lower part of the transom - that goes into the underfloor space. If no water comes out, you're likely OK - otherwise the foam can be soaked if a lot of water comes out. Then you've a got a much tougher job, since the floor is bonded in with the the foam and stringers underneath.

The enclosed storage is just an upholstered panel that goes across under the splash well, and fits into an aluminum track. Often times the panel and track are missing, My brother removed his years ago to make it easier to place and remove the fuel tanks.

Clean and fix it up and it will last another 50 years.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:1965 MFG Edinburg project 8 years 11 months ago #109451

• tskyMFG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Great suggestion. I got the SS bolts and well nuts (expansion nuts) at local ACE and works perfect. Thanks for the info.

Re: 1965 MFG Edinboro project 8 years 11 months ago #109452

• tskyMFG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Any suggestions on weather I should remove the foam in the bow area. It is partly detatched and sagging, although still firm and in place. It looks like it had a nest of leaves i the front tip. Here is a picture. The foam is still intact in the gunwales.
Attachments:

Re: 1965 MFG Edinboro project 8 years 11 months ago #109750

Looks like half or so has already been removed, per the photo. I've not tried to glue back foam that is falling down from under the deck, but I'd try spray some home insulation foam from a can and propping it up, or maybe 5200 would stick.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re: 1965 MFG Edinboro project 8 years 11 months ago #109939

I live out in the country and mice are a BIG problem! didn't know if it was the right thing to do, but for less places for the mice to build homes, I removed all the foam that wasn't still glued down.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6562 guests and no members online