Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!)

MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 9 years 4 months ago #102272

• Tjcr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Maiden voyage on the Potomac. Thanks for the tips and advice. Still a hundred little projects to do. No leaks and the 1958 Big Twin Evinrude ran great thanks to Master Mechanic Tim Digennaro. Boat is cooler than we expected. Lot of boats came by to check us out. We can't wait to get back out-maybe tomorrow before the cold weather rolls in.
TJCR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 9 years 4 months ago #102282

Congrats on the maiden voyage. Does't it feel good when things go as planned? And yea i'm sure heads did turn, that one very cool boat !!! Enjoy the ride !!! madbohunk safe boating

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 9 years 4 months ago #102364

• Tjcr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Madbohunk. Can't wait for spring.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 11 months ago #107869

Can you send me some detail pics close up?I have what is basically a hull and some sketchy wood.What do the floors look like and how are they installed.How dash is installed and edged and how are the seats are installed.Any info will be appreciated greatly

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 11 months ago #108065

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
That is a beautiful Boat. Great Job.
Sincerely

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 11 months ago #108274

I've just picked up a cambridge with most of the wood gone.If I could get some detailed pics and measurements it sure would make it easier. Thanks for any and all responses

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 11 months ago #108276

Sherman,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 8 months ago #113095

Hey,

Great work!!

I was wondering.. I am currently restoring the same boat and would like to know were you purchased the transom & keel fasteners.

Here are pics of mine

i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/clubcruisette/Boats/100_3471_zps76523cd7.jpg

i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/clubcruisette/Boats/100_3477_zpsf426e921.jpg

I am looking for these.

i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/clubcruisette/1958%20MFG%20Parts/P1020264_zpsyill2eb0.jpg

Thank you
John K.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 6 months ago #115417

very nice work! I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of it. Did you replace the plywood decking? If so, where did you get it? I am not having much luck finding the correct Phillipine mahogany ribbon stripe.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 3 months ago #117937

Very nice '58. I also found a Cambridge on a period trailer with a later model 30 Johnson. It looks the same as your boat but with a wood frame windshield. Sure hope I can get her to look half as good as yours. Actually, I'm a sailor with a boat slipped in Long Beach, CA. Wife doesn't like it when the boat heels so picked up this one to take her out in Newport Harbor. You know what they say, Happy Wife, Happy Sailor!

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 2 months ago #118640

This is the closest I could find for fasteners...

www.mcmaster.com/#92463a401/=10j8zjq

or you can try the low profile brass version, and score the head with a hacksaw blade to look authentic ?

www.mcmaster.com/#binding-posts/=10jcg1u

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 8 years 2 months ago #118668

Boataddict,

Do you have any information on your trailer. I have the same one under my Cambridge and I believe the it was made by Hilltop. The round tubes and rod trusses are the same as well as the winch mount. That company's colors were yellow or green according to information posted in the trailer section.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 7 years 10 months ago #122262

Well, I have joined the mfg group by restoring a 58 Cambridge. In bad shape. all wood rotted and bad resin and epoxy repairs to ribs and stringers. Set up shop and stripped her bare. Removed ribs and stringers and grinded her clean of old epoxy and resin repairs. Using the west system epoxy and fiberglass to re-bed ribs and stringers. Just restored home made trailer. was a 54 chevy front end. used the POR-15 paint system for trailer. $300.00 for bearings and races! Need to know if any one knows where I can find a manufacture that makes the curved windshields.

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 7 years 10 months ago #122297

Hi GSDaye,
Do you have any skeletal frame pictures of the how the deck is attached to the hull at the rub rails ?
I have what I think is a 1959 Corry utility, that I want to customize to a semi-Corry Suburban with a foredeck.
You can see mine here as a reference:
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/mfg-owners-group/59-corry-utility

Re:MFG Cambridge 1958 Restoration Complete (almost!) 7 years 10 months ago #122299

I have a curved windshield in pretty good shape from a Cambridge.You can contact me and I can email pics and price (cheap)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)