Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Refinished control box

Refinished control box 14 years 2 weeks ago #2289

I think it used to be tan, I forget. Just finished it today. Needed to paint the handles (which had been in primer a long time), so cleaned everything good, taped it up, sprayed the handles silver metallic. Box was done in red metallic a while ago. Did 2 coats then removed all the tape and paper, taped up the key, choke and splined hole in back and gave it 2 coats of clear. Another piece done!

See my "Progress on my '63 merc 1000" post for up-to-date pictures of finished work under the cowl.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Refinished control box 14 years 2 weeks ago #2322

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Frank, I really like the color combos you're using, I think it's all turning out GREAT!

Give that back of yours a break for a while would ya!?

Mark

Re:Refinished control box 14 years 2 weeks ago #2327

Thanks Mark. I wanted stuff to look like new, just different. Saves the headache of looking all over for sources for correct colors too. Plus when you find the correct colors, it tends to be a whole lot more expensive than what I can get at NAPA. Plus NAPA is right around the corner, where I have to mail order all that restoration stuff.

My back will get a break today. Work. Gonna be a nice day, and I have appointments out, so good.

Frank

Re:Refinished control box 14 years 2 weeks ago #2328

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I hear ya, the price they get these days for "cloud white" makes me angry, and that takes some doing! While I do admire those who go for absolute original, it's more my thing to customize to suit my own tastes. The two can peacefully co-exist, this forum proves that.

I was a wee lad when I helped my Grandpa RESTORE a Model T Touring, he was a stickler for detail exactly as Henry did it. It takes a special individual to do all the research, then make it happen.

Have a good day buddy, I'm going to shoot for a full day at work myself, we'll see how it goes.

Mark

Re:Refinished control box 14 years 2 weeks ago #2332

You don't want to know how much I pay for stuff at NAPA... :)

I think I am gonna go with 1/8" plate aluminum for that steering wheel face plate. Still thinking on it...

Good luck today Mark.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)