• Page:

TOPIC: I'm Now marathon6

I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1859

• marathon6
  • marathon6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Wouldn't let me use any of my old info, says it's already in use????? So, I'm now marathon6.

Project looks great Frank!!! Keep it up man!!

Jim Sgrignioli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1871

Thanks Jim, you were my inspiration man. My motor will never look as good as yours, but all the hard work (i.e. prep) is paying off. She's gonna look okay, if a bit different from what most guys would do. I cheated a bit Friday by picking up some brand new shiny coils...

I had a similar problem with my user name, so don't feel bad. Instead of frank_a, now I'm PC1000.

If I get that Power Cat done this spring, hopefully we can get together.

Frank

Re:I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1918

• marathon6
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
PC1000 wrote:

Thanks Jim, you were my inspiration man. My motor will never look as good as yours, but all the hard work (i.e. prep) is paying off. She's gonna look okay, if a bit different from what most guys would do. I cheated a bit Friday by picking up some brand new shiny coils...

I had a similar problem with my user name, so don't feel bad. Instead of frank_a, now I'm PC1000.

If I get that Power Cat done this spring, hopefully we can get together.

Frank

Thanks Frank!!
I'm happy to be the inspiration behind some of your hard work!! It's gonna look fantastic when you're done!! Lake Wally is kinda between us, would love to hook up!!

JS

Re:I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1920

Lake Wally would be a great experience Jim. I was hoping we'd have a meet down there last year, and for one reason or another it never happened. Maybe you and I can have a "meet" and see if anybody else wants to join us.

I have a 19 pitch prop for this boat, and hope to have operating PT&T when I get her out. Do you think having PT&T lets you run a higher pitch prop? I've seen that a few places.

Frank

Re:I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1921

• marathon6
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
If you can get more of the boat out of the water while at speed, you may experience an increase in rpm's. You'd have to dial it in with a tach and a selection of props to find it's happy place. But remember, if you go with a deeper prop at top end while trimmed where you like it, you may suffer on the lower end ( lug & detonation during launch ), that's why you'll need to experiment.

Re:I'm Now marathon6 14 years 1 month ago #1935

I've read a lot about this stuff Jim, and my basic problem is I don't have the cash to start out with a bunch of props. I do have a tach though (actually I have 2), and a gps unit that will give me mph. Heck, I just want to play!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7008 guests and no members online