Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A delivery by one of my favorite Minions

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136621

I am very fortunate to have friends that willingly deliver Mercury Treasures from my surrounding areas.
Josh is one of my favorites.
He is a commercial fisherman, and when he isn't fishing, he is able & willing to do transports of Mercury Treasures.
I have posted a picture of me carrying an inline-6 on my shoulder, but the truth is that there was no power head, or gears, etc in the assembly, that truthfully weighed 110 pounds.
Yesterday I watched Josh pick up a complete real deal 1980 115-6 Merc thst didn't have a lower unit attached.
I should have snagged a picture. He is a jolly giant of a hard working young man, has become a good friend.
He delivered (1) '80 115-6, (1) 850xs, & (2) '70s 500-4 Mercs in his 'slightly over-loaded' Subaru.
doc

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136641

Wow - that cargo shelf off the back is something to behold! It looks like he could use a truck with a canopy on the back.

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136642

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Doc, at this rate you will NEVER GET BORED! I'll stop and seya soon. Busy here (doing nothing, but takes all day)!

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136645

I do nothing for retirement . It is hard to do nothing WELL but I have become a professional at it.

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136678

Well,...When you are a retired "Public Servant" in the state of Washington under the LEOFF II system,...You really need to have - or create - a retirement income to survive property taxes & medical insurance - not to mention everyday expenses.
Consequently,...My experience and passion for classic Mercs, has filled a needed void in my income since my medical retirement side-lined me in 2010.
doc

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136684

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
"Slightly Overloaded" is an understatement! That poor Subaru was loaded to the gills! I can't believe he got that motor on the roof rack! Nice score of motors, should keep you more than busy, especially with all the Summer work that's going to come rolling in when it's in the Eighties next Week! Cheers.......ed

A delivery by one of my favorite Minions 5 years 10 months ago #136691

Yuppp,...The "Sunshine Boaters" are coming at a steady pace these days.
Thank goodness for Brandon!!!
I was up until 7AM this morning working up Parts Orders & Invoices, grabbed a nap, and we finished (4) jobs this evening.
He is doing a TON independently these days, and he LOVES it!!!
Tomorrow isn't going to be much fun:
Kind of an unusual Boston Whaler - one of 1000 designed for the water-skiing market.
Seized steering, dead three ram PT, on a salty dog. I spent a lot of time today trouble-shooting the failed ignition & FUBAR oil injection - which I successfully convinced the owner to remove and go to 50:1, as per Mercury Marine's recommendation on these model L-3s.
Sounds simple in print!!
You are always welcome Master Ed to come over & "play".
doc

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)