Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A barn fresh Merc

A barn fresh Merc 5 years 11 months ago #136095

Literally saved from a local scrap yard. I was dropping off some scrap and saw this being offloaded from a trailer. The guy who was leaving it didn't know anything about it as he was hired to clean out a guy's garage. I asked if there was a boat on the property and was told no. Dang, no controls or wiring harness! The serial number says its a '61. It pulls over, lower unit is stuck in forward. The spark plugs were hand tight and the plug wires were off, suggesting that it was winterized before it was stored. Looks low hours and unmolested. I don't have any use for it but I had to save it from the scrapper! Would love to see it go to a good home. Any ideas what it might be worth, and is anyone here interested in it?
Best regards,
Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A barn fresh Merc 5 years 11 months ago #136096

Looks in nice shape.

A barn fresh Merc 5 years 11 months ago #136100

I would love to have it to put on a '59 Larson I'm restoring. Where are you located and what do you want for it?

A barn fresh Merc 5 years 11 months ago #136117

I am in southeastern CT. I don't really know what it is worth. I was hoping that someone here on this forum would have some idea. You did note that I do not have a wiring harness or controls. It is a long shaft, 20" transom motor.
Larry

A barn fresh Merc 5 years 11 months ago #136118

That's a pretty good haul from Ga. and my transom is 15''. I'd still love to have it just to restore. Those old Merc engines are really cool looking, almost like art pieces. Let me know anyway and maybe we can work a deal.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)