Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75

Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130444

Finally getting around to working on this motor...

The internal fuel lines need to be replaced. Can I buy hose from an auto store or are there specific parts to order? I'm unsure of how to get the connections off. Right now I'm working on the fuel pumps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130450

call Chris 58woody 1 905 775 9368 tell him I sent you. He makes them at good price.

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130505

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Depending on budget if you can simply remove the old hoses by splitting the swaged collars. The fittings are all barbed so use new fuel line cut to correct lengths and use either zip ties, (Merc uses those on new motors)or pinch clamps (tool and clamps available if you look at McMaster-Carr on line site)
If you want original look then either source as Dave suggests or obtain the swage fittings also at McMaster.
My 2 cents.
Randy

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130517

I ended up talking with Joe from Ferguson-Poole Inc. and he got me all internal lines new old stock for just over 100 bucks. So as soon as I get this I'll be back on track. Thanks for the help!

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130518

MetallHed wrote:

I ended up talking with Joe from Ferguson-Poole Inc. and he got me all internal lines new old stock for just over 100 bucks. So as soon as I get this I'll be back on track. Thanks for the help!

Not trying to rain on your parade..

There's a good chance that those NOS fuel hoses are not designed for use with modern alcohol (ethanol) laced gasolines.. Once you get the motor back in operation, keep a close eye on those fuel lines for signs of alcohol deterioration (soft spongy places, or carburetors getting clogged from the interior lining shedding off from alcohol damage)..

Save all your old hoses to reuse the ends for making a new set with alcohol rated fuel hose..

CC-John

1973 Century Resorter 16, 225HP Chrysler LM318

1978 Chris Craft 251 Catalina Express, 330HP Pleasurecraft 350 (383 Stroker)

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130521

Or... you could just not use ethanol gas. I would personally never use it in a pre-mix two stroke in particular. If you get a load of water in your tank somehow, the alcohol will separate from the gas and mix with the water, just like how "gas line anti-freeze" works. But then when the carbs suck that in, the engine will still run on the alcohol, but no oil will be included... you can guess what happens next :(

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130522

Subaru Scott wrote:

Or... you could just not use ethanol gas. I would personally never use it in a pre-mix two stroke in particular. If you get a load of water in your tank somehow, the alcohol will separate from the gas and mix with the water, just like how "gas line anti-freeze" works. But then when the carbs suck that in, the engine will still run on the alcohol, but no oil will be included... you can guess what happens next :(

Unfortunately, down here in the Houston area finding fuel with no ethanol is impossible.. The only fuels available are at least a minimum of 10% booze in all grades.. Keeping small lawn engines and two strokes alive requires the constant use of fuel additives to combat the destructive properties of ethanol on small carbureted engines.. My boats all have Racor water separating fuel filters installed to remove as much water as possible before it can get to the engine..

CC-John

1973 Century Resorter 16, 225HP Chrysler LM318

1978 Chris Craft 251 Catalina Express, 330HP Pleasurecraft 350 (383 Stroker)

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130523

Wow, that sucks John! Hopefully your area will follow suit with more people demanding ethanol free, as it happened here. We just had our first station offer it about 6 years ago, and now there are about a dozen in the area.

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130537

I found the fittings online, and changed the proprietary Merc fittings to flare fittings. Bought the hose at the local auto parts store. I made the fixture to swadge the ferrules. Cost for the parts was less than $35.
Larry
Attachments:

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130563

Nice! This is why I wish I was more mechanically inclined. Ha!

As far as gas: we have 100% at pretty much every station I've been to. No worries there but thank you for the concern. Someone else will hopefully find this post and gain some insight.

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130565

Larry, where did you find the fittings? McMaster?

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 2 months ago #130639

Right here. fittingsandadapters.com/
Larry

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 1 month ago #130650

Check this web site for ethanol free gas stations.
www.pure-gas.org/

Re:Internal Fuel Lines on a Mark 75 7 years 1 month ago #130659

Yup, got the app on the phone, very handy!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)