Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 196? Crestliner Sandpiper, near total restoration

196? Crestliner Sandpiper, near total restoration 9 years 9 months ago #97226

Hello again all. I will be discussing and showing progress on my 1960s Sandpiper.

A couple questions, and pictures.

Does anyone have good interior pictures of a sandpiper? Ideally including the bench seat layout. I will need to fabricate both a new floor and the benches and I want them to be as accurate as possible. The best I have personally been able to find so far is from the catalogs of the era, but they don't show much detail.

Where do I look on the Johnson for the serial number, and then how do I figure out the year of manufacture from it?

Does anyone know if the numbers on the boat (Shown in one of the pictures) denotes the trim options (Or year) from the factory? I would like to restore it as close to factory original as possible.

Thanks, and any general advice would be appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:196? Crestliner Sandpiper, near total restoration 9 years 9 months ago #97246

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Can't help with the Crestliner decode John, but the FG Library has some info,
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Crestliner
and more can be found;
www.retrocrestliner.com/

Johnson serial number can be plugged in here for id;
www.marineengine.com/parts/parts.php
or here;
www.maxrules.com/models/OMC_models_files/JOthru79/22-69.html
Should be an ID plate on the transom bracket somewhere, and some models had the serial number stamped into the plugs found on the block?

Mark

Re: 196? Crestliner Sandpiper, near total restoration 9 years 9 months ago #97420

My parents bought one new with a Lark 40 HP motor. The floor was blue with a white stripe down middle. seats were blue on top horizontal with white in middle just like like ad on retro crestliner page. if you are interested in selling this without motor let me know. Must have proper paperwork for my state of ohio, there picky. hope I been a help.

Re: 196? Crestliner Sandpiper, near total restoration 9 years 9 months ago #97422

ebtrucker,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6317 guests and no members online