• Page:

TOPIC: Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration

Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration 11 years 2 days ago #75722

• robeye
  • robeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The boats been waiting for a few years ..time to get R done.. I set up a shelter outside my shop , put the boat on blocks and away I go..

Stripped the boat of all the goodies..

I had removed the floor a year ago and saw a crappy job of stringers & ribs.. no wonder the bottom flexed on the trailer.. I'm removing all the wood except the cabin walls.

Mostly cleaned out now.. was easy when things are poorly attached. Now I get to make a better boat..

Most of that transom will be new 3/4 ply as well. And I'll be shrinking the motor well up some.. make more room inside.

I carefully removed the hull badge.. I wish I new more about these boats.. and I'm only guessing at the year by seeing photos.. Mine looks like the 1959 model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Re:Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration 10 years 10 months ago #77458

Looking good. Keep the pics coming, I am going to need them for the boat I just bought yesterday...

Are your stringers good enough to trace or will you be starting new?

Re:Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration 10 years 9 months ago #78560

Fresh Boarder, that is one sweet looking boat. I have a Performer Vagabond Deluxe that I am working on. I've run into the same situation with the stringers, not a very good job and I can do a better job of laying them in and glassing over them correctly. I've had mine since August of 2012 and finally have the weather to begin the teardown and restoration. FiberGlassics is the only site that I have been able to find any information on this company, I feel lucky to have stumbled upon them while doing research on the boat. Keep the pictures coming, I'll be out grinding today, wish I was as far into the teardown as you are.

Re:Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration 10 years 4 months ago #86786

How's that boat coming???

Re:Performer Seven Seas Special Restoration 10 years 4 months ago #86791

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)