Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Explorer 14ft

1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69240

Hello All. I purchased this boat from a guy off of craigslist for a reasonable price. It has a 1965 Evinrude 40HP Big Twin and after some new rings and fixing both stripped out spark plug holes on the head and repacking the needle on the carb she runs great. The floor is soft and nasty So I started to rip it out to re do whatever unforeseen lies beneath it. I don't know much history of the boat except what it says on the title and I cannot find anything about the builder or other boats like it. What was this boat splashed off of>? Does anyone know? More pictures coming up. I have to upload them.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69241

First, sorry for the poor quality cellphone pictures. It's all I had to work with right now in my poorly lit garage. Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far. I removed all the guages and wiring since they were not even wired up anyway and looked like a rats nest of splices under there. I removed the fuel tank, flushed it out and cleaned it real good. Ran all new fuel lines and control cables. Laid out a schematic for re wiring and twisted all my wired together and precut them to go back into the boat. I removed the seats and all the carpet that was glued to the inside. I included a picture of my poor transom that some previous owner butchered up pretty bad with a skill saw to make this 40hp mount on here. I also am including a picture of the inside, splash well and keel for identification purposes to let me know what this boat was splashed off of or closely resembles. Thanks to all that reply. Any help goes a long way. I am a bodyman/painter by trade for the last 12 years and I want to restore this old boat to enjoy on calm days and just for the fact that when I saw it I just knew I had to have it. It was just classy looking sitting there all mistreated with years of poor paint jobs and terrible previous owners that did nothing, but make it worse.
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69242

pics
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69243

pics
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69244

pics
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69245

last
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69320

welcome danny,i hope you dont think we are ignoring you,its just hard to tell much from the pics,if you could load better pics and post them on the main forum,you will get more responces,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69344

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Danny, ditto what John said, The pictures are pretty fuzzy if ya know what I mean. The motor is another die hard beast. I used to have one of those and parts are still available but you already know that. Sounds like you're digging in pretty quick. Lots of info on this site on how to replace that transom and also people who can help with you wiring
Welcome,
Cal

Re:1960 Explorer 14ft 11 years 7 months ago #69362

Thank you guys. I have posted fresh pictures in the main section as requested. www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/main-forum/1960-explorer-new-member-new-build

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6779 guests and no members online