Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Winner Scarab

1957 Winner Scarab 11 years 8 months ago #64187

We just purchased this 1957 Winner Scarab, complete with a 1969 Johnson 6 HP motor for $500.
[img/]

We hope to restore it someday, but mainly bought it now for our teenagers to take out on the lake with their friends by themselves, and for slow "date night" cruises.

A few questions I am hoping someone can help me with...

The red paint/gel coat is pretty chipped up, crazing, etc, especially on the drivers side to rail
[img/]

As a temporary fix, and to protect the fiberglass until we have time time/money to restore it, we were considering sanding it and applying 3M automotive detailing vinyl. It comes in rolls wide enough to cover the bow in one solid piece. I spoke to the distributor and they felt it would work, as long as it was not the hull that is constantly in contact with the water.

Has anyone used that type of material on a vintage fiberglass boat?

Looking for a bow light, anyone know what style this boat originally had?

The inside of the hull is ribbed and appears to be raw fiberglass, and when you leave things on it, they pick up fibers and can transfer them to your skin (I sat on a "throwable" boat cushion that had been on the floor and ended up with fiberglass rash on the back of my legs). Any suggestions on the easiest way to "seal" it temporarily and or permanently? Paint? Carpet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1957 Winner Scarab 11 years 8 months ago #64188

Can't seem to be able to upload pictures from my iPad, anyone know how?

Re:1957 Winner Scarab 11 years 6 months ago #68304

iPad/iPhone won't allow you to upload photos here or most any other site. There is a round about way of doing it though that I use some times. You can download the phitobucket app and once on there upload photos. Afterwards you can copy and paste the code in your forum post and it will work. Good luck with your Scarab. Tyson[img] code in your forum post and it will work.

Good luck with your Scarab. Tyson

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)