Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 Power Cat 14T

1962 Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 weeks ago #56981

This isn't a new project, but a look at my Power Cat project from a few years ago. On the first page, up under the Wine Country Classics logo (our ACBS chapter), is a link to an article I wrote about the project. Otherwise it's more than two pages of pics, and some videos as well on the 3rd page. It's not completely up-to-date, as I keep adding stuff, like a transom ladder last summer and some trailer projects over this winter. Enjoy!

www.powercatboat.com/Group/FA_14t/FA_14t01.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1962 Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 weeks ago #57017

Dam Frank that is some site you got there. Just looked the the first page but will get bank and look at the rest. I remember your posts when you first stared working on that thing and every time you hurt your self.
In a few months I will be starting on my 59 G3 but I'm no where as pickie as you are but hope to make it look nice at least.
Take care and quite working on the boat and take her out and enjoy it.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:1962 Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 weeks ago #57024

Thanks Mike, but I couldn't do a website if I tried. That web site is part of the Power Cat web pages, brought to us by Danny Leger, the son of the designer and builder of Power Cat boats. He does a web page for everyone with one of these great old boats. If you have some time, check them out...

www.powercatboat.com/Group/

Next is work on my trailer and the jack plate I got. After sitting out in the rain for months last year, the pressure treated wood deck on the boat started to rot and the nice red carpet I got at Lowe's to cover the plywood started to mildew. Now I can't find any red outdoor carpet around, so called Cabela's yesterday. They are sending me swatches of the 3 kinds of red carpet they have, then I can order what I need and get the boat back on the trailer. Once that is done I can figure out where the jack plate needs to mount, fill some holes in the transom I will no longer be using, and get the motor back on. In the meantime I would really like to get some wiring done in the boat, add stern and bow lights, a fish finder, and maybe an electric horn. My trailer is going to look a bit different with a 3' longer tongue, a hydraulic brake actuator in place of the old coupler, and new 15" aluminum wheels with radial trailer tires. Finally, as a result of expanding my pole barn last year, the boat/trailer now had a place to sit out of the weather when it is not being used. So things are coming along nicely.

Good luck with the G3!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)