Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Johnson Deluxe Restoration Project

1964 Johnson Deluxe Restoration Project 7 months 6 days ago #148428

Just getting into restoration of a recently acquired '64 Johnson Deluxe. I initially posted in the main forum instead of "member projects", so I will continue with progress from here. I have the floor torn out and have installed new framing, new rear motor mounts and 3/4" plywood floor. Holes are drilled for installation of pourable foam. i started with 6 LB per sq ft foam and it didn't go very far, so now switching t0 4 lb per ft for the rest of the floor. The original engine has been gone through with a rebuilt starter, alternator, carb and an electric fuel pump. I pulled the valve covers and oil pan and replaced the gaskets. Also replaced some intermediate housing seals and went through the stern drive with new water pump and some seals. So far so good!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1964 Johnson Deluxe Restoration Project 3 months 4 weeks ago #148573

Sounds like you are making great progress. Please keep us updated. That is a neat boat.

1964 Johnson Deluxe Restoration Project 3 months 4 weeks ago #148574

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Congrats on your pick for restoration. That model was my very first project back in the mid '80s. real sturdy platform and the Buick six is a strong runner without issues. The OMC outdrive with proper upkeep will keep you happy. The ball gears might be an issue but are easily replaced if you can find them.
Good luck

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)