Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wacanda project

Wacanda project 10 months 4 days ago #148034

The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.
When I moved into my house there was a boat in the yard. And at first I thought nothing of it. Well a couple years go by and we're to now so I decide to pull it out of the weeds clean it out and powerwash it and throw a new tire on the trailer. That takes me to now. Where I am in the process of finding out how to obtain ownership of sed boat so I can register it and actually use it. I don't know the year or anything about it other then it says wacanda on the back. But I'm excited to fix this up so I can have a nice piece of history and be able to have something unique that I can take my wife and daughters out on. I've joined other forums and have not been welcomed as they don't seem to see this project as I do and hopefully as all of you do. Which isn't about money but the history of the boat and memories that will be created on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wacanda project 10 months 4 days ago #148035

Here is a picture of the boat
Attachments:

Wacanda project 10 months 2 days ago #148043

Welcome! And screw the naysayers. You do that you want. Old boats have way cooler lines than new ones, and you can't beat the price of yours! I think it's a good looking boat. Good luck and keep us posted.

Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: charestv

Wacanda project 10 months 2 days ago #148046

Great looking boat!

Wacanda project 10 months 2 days ago #148047

Cool boat, the only other one I ever saw was in Canada. I was told, The company was up in Washington state and made boats from the 50s to 80s. With half of them being sold in Canada.

Wacanda project 10 months 2 days ago #148049

Ya from the research i have done the only thing i have seen are a few members on here who have restored them on 5+year old posts.

Wacanda project 10 months 1 day ago #148056

Cool, thanks going to be a fun project.

Bob

Wacanda project 9 months 4 weeks ago #148063

I got some more pictures finally. I will be going to take a look at the transom tonight alittle closer and try to find out what is going to need to be cut out to replace. I believe it is just the center section which wont be to bad if it is as that is the only section of it with an aluminum cap on it. The transom feels solid and does not flex at all so i am not even sure if it needs to be replaced. However all the bolts and clamps are pushing on the fiberglass and bulging. Which from my research is a sign of a rotten transom. There is also a small crack on the bottom of the boat by the center drain hole that i will be needing to address at some point. My hopes are that it isnt major and i can just grind it back alitlle epoxy and reglass it.
Attachments:

Wacanda project 9 months 4 weeks ago #148073

Nice! Anither trick is to take a small diameter drill, maybe 1/8" and drill a hole in the transom from the inside, toward the bottom and not through . Maybe a 1/4" and see what the saw dust looks like, if it's even sawdust. If it comes out black it's toast, it's rotted. If not you may be ok, you can always mix a little epoxy and fill the whole if needed.

Bob

Wacanda project 9 months 4 weeks ago #148076

I found this related post.
I don't believe your model used the Ford windshield, as this one looks to be original.
doc

Attachments:

Wacanda project 9 months 4 weeks ago #148082

Even if it didnt use the ford windshield my guess is it would fit on here. If i am ever able to come across one which i highly doubt the boat alone is hard to come by enough i will for sure buy it and try my best to make it work.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)