Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 MFG Corry

1959 MFG Corry 7 years 6 months ago #126661

This is going to take a while... I am multi-tasking, because ?
Citri-Strip, from recommendations here on fiberglassics is great for stripping paint off of fiberglass without harming the resin, BUT it works as fast as grass grows ! So, I apply, go do honey-do sh-tuff, then 30 to 45 min. later, scrape some paint ! then re apply... repeat...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1959 MFG Corry 7 years 6 months ago #126664

If you can use Citrus Strip in the sun and the heat it will work a lot faster and still not harm the FB.

Karsten

Re:1959 MFG Corry 7 years 6 months ago #126666

Hey Chuck, I'm diggin' the Econoline front end you got hangin' up there! I had two of those, best vans ever made!! One was a Heavy Duty model with a 4-speed on the column :dry: wish I still had it...
So, does that stripper remove gel coat as well?

Re:1959 MFG Corry 7 years 6 months ago #126680

Here is the original post about Citri-strip. Apparently is does not affect gel-coat ? Looks like my boat was sanded and painted a few times.

fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/main-forum/stripping-paint-from-fiberglass#116479

BTW... that Econoline front end came from a donor van I bought for parts I need for my Econoline pick-up project. That van had an automatic trans. with a 240 in it. I cut that van up for sheet metal and parts.

Re:1959 MFG Corry 7 years 6 months ago #126713

Chuck, that link is not working for me. On the Citrus-strip website, it says it removes epoxy, so I would think it would gel coat too. My '59 needs the gel coat stripped. It's completely wasted!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)