Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb.

1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112666

First thing. I've never owned a boat. My wife and decided to jump into a vintage speed boat and put one back in the water. I found this spoiler on Craigslist in Grand Rapids mi. $1000. Trailer, boat and really good running 70hp johnson. The previous owner "repaired" the floor and transom. I knew it wasn't right. It's home, I have the top half removed. Started working on removing the repair and the original rotted transom. The previous repair was 2 lengths of treated deck board 2x6. Fiberglass and great stuff foam. I haven't gotten to the floor yet but it is made of 6 individual pieces. It is also missing the side reinforcements that help hold up the center top of the cap. If any one has any advice or proper supplies I should be using and or the proper methods I need to learn please let me know. I want it done right. I also plan on adding a center console to help support the top of the boat and house a radio. Got to have some tunes. Also plan on a down leg on each side of the transom connecting the transom to the floor for added support. (I have a 115 merc that needs a home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112667

What I started with
Attachments:

Re:1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112668

Transom

Re:1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112729

Dennis, welcome aboard and nice boat. Sorry but the transom pic didn't show up. Might be too big so you'll probably have to resize it.

Bob

Re:1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112755

Some more photos
Attachments:

Re:1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 8 years 9 months ago #112756

Tear down

1974 wriedt spoiler 16 refurb. 6 years 4 months ago #134987

Dennis, any progress on the Wriedt? I did the restore on the 1969 Anacapri. Was looking at the Wriedt too but couldnt find one. Message me with any questions, I am a composites engineer / boat designer.
Cheers

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8918 guests and no members online