• Page:

TOPIC: Back At it...

Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112318

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
It's been a while since I've posted! I have been a little busy.

The past 4 or so years have not left me much time to work on my boats. I started a new job in an entirely new career field, which even included going back to school to earn another degree. Not long after that, we had our first child (She's THREE already!), then moved to a new house, closer to my work.

In the mean time, I went through triple bypass surgery, which was NOT something I expected to do at 34 years old... &*(#$ genetics. So, needless to say, the boats have kind of taken a break.

Part of my move included the opportunity to build a new shop... With plenty of room to store & work on projects. I FINALLY have the time to get working on them again- And first priority is the Glasspar G-3 that I started over three years ago.

It is not mine- It belongs to a friend of mine. When it arrived, it needed a new transom and some stringer repairs, which I did at that time. Since then, I have had to pack it up, waiting to do the cosmetics, rig it, and get it in the water.

The deck had been painted at some time in the past, and it wasn't a great job. There was a LOT of stress cracking, and they didn't do a very good prep job... This did make it easy to get the old paint off, though- Which was fortunate. I sanded it all down to gelcoat, and got it primed this week

I need to get another coat of primer on, then do the final sanding... Then it's time for some PAINT. I'm leaving this one white.

The hull has really bad stress cracking in the gelcoat- But buffs nicely. I don't plan to repaint it, only the tops of the sponsons that had been repainted by a previous owner.

I've got a Merc 650 waiting for this boat- It is my hope to splash her next month some time. The owner has been waiting a LONG time- Luckily he's patient, and as busy as I am :)

-Andrew
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112323

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Andrew great to hear from you glad u made it through the health issues,, working on glass will fix anything good Luck Bill

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112328

Andrew, glad to see you're back at it. Sorry to hear about the bypass, sooo very glad you made it through ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112333

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks... I am glad that the problem was caught when it was, and fixed before it was a REAL problem. I had a 98% blockage in the "Widowmaker" artery- It WOULD have killed me, sooner or later. I'm in better health now than I have been in years.

Besides, I got to take 5 months off work ;)

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112350

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Andrew,glad to hear from you. Great you caught the heart issue before it took you away from here. Kids grow up too fast don't they. I see you still have the ole '66 f100. Is she still on the agenda? jim

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112356

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Jim L wrote:

I see you still have the ole '66 f100. Is she still on the agenda? jim

Yeah- It's in the 'rotation'. I've got a couple of other projects in front of her, I picked up a 1965 Plymouth Valiant that needs a few little things... Then I want to finish up the other boats. Hopefully the Ford will be my winter project.

Re:Back At it... 8 years 8 months ago #112361

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Great to see you back Andrew.

Mark

Re:Back At it... 8 years 1 week ago #120757

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Work has progressed- Slowly, but surely... Time is at a premium these days, and I don't spend the time online that I used to. What time I have I spend finishing projects!

I had hoped to get it done so I could deliver to the owner at Mt. Dora, and it'll be down to the wire but I think I am going to make it.... 4 1/2 years after starting. Luckily, he's patient :laugh:

We plan on driving down to Mt. Dora Friday night for the ACBS show... Anyone else going to be there?
Attachments:

Re:Back At it... 8 years 1 week ago #120795

Outstanding work as usual Andrew! Sorry but won't be making this trip either. hopefully next year.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)