Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 HydroSwift

1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110116

I have been working on refinishing a 1965 HydroSwift. It appears to have been painted several times so I sanded it down to the original coat (or below in a few spots) and giving her a new fresh coat of life. I used Rustoleum Marine TopSide but still need to apply the anti-fouling paint on the bottom. The seats were in pretty bad shape so I have ordered new seats. The windshield was cracked pretty badly and became a full on break when I removed it. Anyone know where to find a good windshield? I just need to buy new screws and blots to put all the accessories back on and she should be ready to go.

I am by no means a professional painter but when she is completely back together she should look good enough to give the family a great time on the water once again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110117

trying to figure out how to post the pics

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110120

apparently I am not smart enough to figure out how to successfully post pics. Appears my files are too large. So I'll post some pics when I figure this thing out.

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110121

Think I figured it out!
Attachments:

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110123

Attachments:

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110140

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard, glad to have you join us. Looks like your project is coming along nicely. Since you already have the frame, replacing the plexiglass or polycarbonate is definitely a DIY job. There is an article in the Research - Restoration section (button ant the top of the page here) that tells how to go about it. Looking forward to more progress reports and pics.

Mark

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110164

Thanks for the reply Mark! I looked over the windshield restoration and he definitely makes it look easy. I had been thinking of doing something similar to that but was a little nervous to do so. After reading that I think I will give it a try.

Greg

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 11 months ago #110166

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
It's not that hard Gene, especially if you have a pattern or the old one to copy it off of. I did one for my GT-150 a couple years ago from a pattern with 1/8" polycarbonate. The local sign shop sold me an end piece they had left over, had UV treatment on one side - about $80.

Mark

Re:1965 HydroSwift 8 years 9 months ago #112569

Here are some updated pics of the 65 Hydroswift. She still needs a bit of tuning on the motor but she is getting there.

File Attachment:

File Name: BoatPics.pdf
File Size:979 KB
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)