• Page:

TOPIC: My dream Del mar.....

My dream Del mar..... 9 years 5 months ago #102366

• commando
  • commando's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Restoring a classic..........should it be original or not?for me it is just having fun and making the boat for my own use .i love working with wood so on this delmar she will have lots of it.anyway so far she is almost all gutted out.i like to remove all and every pieces of wood on this boat that is rotted or not and start over with all new wood.this project is for (fiberglassic)and my self because without this site my work is unknown and the love for classic boat to me is worthless.to start of the guy that sold the boat said the transom is solid,hahahah ya right......there is a pic for Gus about the window frame my is original but mostly I am going to make my own because the one here make no since to me how it suppose to work properly now I know why all 3 delmar I reatore all leaks..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My dream Del mar..... 9 years 5 months ago #102369

Very nice work so far! :D Im starting off the same way. I like to be as original but dont mind having custom work too.

I see how the side frame is now. I will have to create one because I am missing the metal frame completely. What were you thinking in modifying on it? The way it slides and shuts?

Re:My dream Del mar..... 9 years 5 months ago #102373

• commando
  • commando's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
There's no metal frame what you are seeing is a fiberglass frame.only the front piece slid back and the back piece don't move to the front.i'm not sure yet how I want to do mine but I sure I will find a way.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)