TOPIC: ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners

ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92458

• Terrydi
  • Terrydi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hello All,

Three Glasspar boats and their owners were award winners at last months ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival in Tavares FL.

And the winners are:

Vernon Turner and his 1960 Glasspar Club Mariner

Rader Jenkins and his 1965 Glasspar G3 ‘RJ1’

Denny and Lisa Amicon with their 1961 Glasspar Delmar

Congratulations and thanks for showing these Classic Glasspars for all to enjoy.

Terry
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92463

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like your winners did a fine job of representing the love for the Glasspar brand, Terry. Thank YOU again for your excellent reports and pics from the show, we really do appreciate your efforts sir!

Mark

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92473

• Terrydi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Mark,

It’s my pleasure to post and share these pictures.

Yeah we had a great show in Tavares with a bunch of Glasspar boats and a good showing of other Classic Glass as well. I was pleased to see Vernon Turner take home a Sunnyland award for his Club Mariner as it was my favorite.

This very original boat is an awesome example of the genius of Glasspar founder Bill Tritt

I always liked the blue Glasspars and the original gelcoat shined up like new

The sculpted deck design and integrated casting is true art craft

Its automotive windscreen adds a streamlined dimension and lines that flow forward to the bow casting and aft over the cabin top to the rear deck combings

Who is that masked motor?

Great for overnight cruises with sink and head and water tank

I believe a galley was another available option on this model

Pocket cabin door is another nice touch

Terry

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92478

MarkS wrote:

Looks like your winners did a fine job of representing the love for the Glasspar brand, Terry. Thank YOU again for your excellent reports and pics from the show, we really do appreciate your efforts sir!

X2

Your show reports are an inspiration to us all!

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92497

Very cool Terry thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92653

• Terrydi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Guys,

This is the IMHO, Taveres 2014 Most Original Best Preserved Glasspar Runner Up

I was impressed by this very original boat as well.

Seeing the Citation sitting next to the Mariner and being able to compare them clearly shows the similarity in the designs

Both have complex upper decks with recessed casting resulting in a seamless look.

Interestingly 1960 was the first model year for Citation and the last year for the Mariners. The Citation was Glasspars deluxe runabout taking that spot above the Avalon.
The original design was modified in 1962 to include glass windscreens and side windows.

And the winners are Skip and Pat Stratton and their 1960 Glasspar Citation. Nice find Tall Tales!

Thanks,
Terry

Re:ACBS 2014 Sunnyland Boat Festival Glasspar winners 9 years 11 months ago #92655

Wow, thanks for posting these - amazing boats! The mariner is unbelievable! All that shiny aluminum - -mine all runs from dull to encrusted...lol...oh well...just time!

Been toying with folding seats idea - nice to see in action. Also seems that in 1960 they moved the helm up and got rid of the window/vent area, which is a great idea...but would leave a big hole where the hand grab is now, so will probably leave mine low.

Oh well, something to shoot for! Will be a long long time, if ever, before mine looks that good! thanks again for posting Terry!

Al T

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)