Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pipestone Sales

Pipestone Sales 10 years 6 months ago #83269

I've found a 1956 Pipestone. This is the Fiberglass hull built by Slayton and wooden deck installed by Pipestone. It's very similar to the Chieftan but is 14' in length and the sides roll in nicely at the transom. Does anyone have any information on Pipestones of this era?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Pipestone Sales 10 years 6 months ago #83278

I have done some research on the history of Pipestone and Slayton boats. I do not have nor have I ever seen any literature from that time period.

I wrote an article on Slayton history which was published in the Summer 2010 issue of "The Boathouse" magazine. It might be online at www.acbs-bslol.com in the "Boat Builders of the Past" area.

Andreas

Re:Pipestone Sales 10 years 4 months ago #85814

please post more pictures of your boat please.. i have 2 of these boats '56 and '57 and i can help with the id and such... the wood floor does not sound original. i have 2 date codes off my boats. and if your boat has one i can actually tell what month and number your boat rolled out of pipestone.

Pipestone Sales 3 years 3 weeks ago #144077

David,

I can only hope that you still check this site from time to time. I realize this thread is over 7 years old. I came across a Pipestone Princess last summer. I have reason to believe it is a 1955 model as it has some very uncommon characteristics. Characteristics which no other Pipestone I have seen possesses. I believe you may have the same boat judging from the single photo you have posted. Please contact me if you ever log in to this site again. I will be posting photos of my find in another thread.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)