• Page:

TOPIC: Help: Jervis Hardware

Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68930

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I picked up an old boat and I'm in search of three 5" Jervis cleats, pair of chocks and handles. The ones I currently have are in very bad condition. I would like to replace them. Please let me know and/or send me a PM. If you have any that are available, I'd be glad to purchase them. Thanks for your help.

Eduardo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68934

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a decent set, they WERE going on my Lake N Sea until I just got a N.O.S. set. But, I think that there is only one 5" cleat, and 2 3", and 2 chocks, No handles... If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, they might work for you. There is some pitting, but they are usable.

-Andrew

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68949

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Andgott wrote:

I've got a decent set, they WERE going on my Lake N Sea until I just got a N.O.S. set. But, I think that there is only one 5" cleat, and 2 3", and 2 chocks, No handles... If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, they might work for you. There is some pitting, but they are usable.

-Andrew

Andrew thanks for the reply. Congrats on the NOS hardware. That's a very nice set; fitting for your Lake N Sea project. I think I know what items you got on eBay. I was one of the bidders. I'm not looking for very good condition. Usable is the right description, and as you can see in the pictures, anything is better than what I have already. I would be interested in your larger cleat and the pair of chocks. I already have two of the smaller cleats but then I would have to drill more holes and they wouldn't even cover the existing holes. I'd rather just replace them. Please let me know how much you would want for the three items. Thanks again Andrew.

Eduardo

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68953

I have an NOS set in the box. I just pulled to put on ebay, need space.

I think I have some nice used pieces also. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.
Attachments:

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68969

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
CAT*FIN*k wrote:

I have an NOS set in the box.

Now THAT is a thing of beauty! I'd want to just put the whole box on display in the living room... I'm sure my wife would LOVE that :)

I'll get some pics of what I've got. I have the bow handle, too.

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68977

SORRY
just had a set rechromed and installed

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68978

just curious...what would a NOS set cost ??
I know how much a rechrome costs
please hurt my feelings a little

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68985

I found these,

I think I have a bow handle also, it will take some more looking.

Andrew...tried tellin' the wife it was a jewelry box...didn't fly :unsure:

Not sure what a boxed set sells for today, I picked these up many years ago. Thought I'ld use one day, but here I can go to jail if I get caught installing them :angry: I can only wash, wax or change spark plugs here per code. So much for persuit of happyness in south FL.
Attachments:

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68991

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Andgott wrote:

CAT*FIN*k wrote:

I have an NOS set in the box.

Now THAT is a thing of beauty! I'd want to just put the whole box on display in the living room... I'm sure my wife would LOVE that :)

I'll get some pics of what I've got. I have the bow handle, too.

I'm with you on that Andrew. That's is a beautiful set in the original display box too.

Thanks Andrew.

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #68992

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
CAT*FIN*k wrote:

I found these,

I think I have a bow handle also, it will take some more looking.

Not sure what a boxed set sells for today, I picked these up many years ago. Thought I'ld use one day, but here I can go to jail if I get caught installing them :angry: I can only wash, wax or change spark plugs here per code. So much for persuit of happyness in south FL.

CAT*FIN*k, thanks for looking. I've never seen those kind of chocks before, very cool. Those handles look nice. I'll send you an email.

Eduardo

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #69013

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
moparlvr4406 wrote:

just curious...what would a NOS set cost ??
I know how much a rechrome costs
please hurt my feelings a little

Whatever someone is willing to pay on that particular day...

I just bought this set on E-Bay-

There is also a bow eye, not in the pic. Perfect shape- never installed- about $65. Didn't come with the baby, though.

But I considered that to be a great deal- I've seen them go up into the 100's and WAY higher, if you get two people fighting over them that REALLY want them to finish up that 'perfect' restoration. When you get to the end, what's another couple hundred here or there, really?

Those other, more streamlined cleats you have in the pic are still made by Perko... You can get 'em from most marine supply companies, ranging from $12 - $25 a pair depending on size.

Now, As for the flag staff, and sea ray emblems- That's where the big bucks are... IF you need them! If not, they're just junk pot metal like the rest of the crap we all seem to acquire :)

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #69070

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Email sent to Andgott and CAT*FIN*k. Thanks

Eduardo

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #69072

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
for some reason I can't seem to remember how to post ebay listings but there are a pair of handles being sold by remresto. He also has a bow handle for sale. Good luck.

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #69076

What ever happened to a free country?
Not sure what a boxed set sells for today, I picked these up many years ago. Thought I'ld use one day, but here I can go to jail if I get caught installing them I can only wash, wax or change spark plugs here per code. So much for persuit of happyness in south FL.

You need new neighbors. I couldn't live like that.

Re:Help: Jervis Hardware 11 years 7 months ago #69186

I found another 3 piece cleat set in better condition, no bow handle tho. I thought I had a better set of the chocks but didn't find. I may want to keep those, really like that profile on a cat. My email used to sign up was lost when we switched to DSL. I put my email address in the street address slot. I can take pics tomorrow.

I hear ya Robert...I'm free to do exactly as I'm told. Hope to find another project soon tho. A second project cat and whats left on the Manta Ray I can justify a 1 year lease on a garage.

Jervis Hardware Replaced... 11 years 6 months ago #70406

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Just an update on my search to replace the bright work. First, I want to thank a few guys for their time in trying to help me find some Jervis hardware for my new old glassic, Andgott & CAT*FIN*k here in FG, and Bruce Gerard, Jill S, and Hoggar from GSG. Hoggar referred me to a place in the Delta where he saw some of these Jervis cleats. Hoggar had visited the Delta from Salt Lake City a couple of months ago in August. I ended up getting three decent cleats at this place for $5 each. I was lucky. On the two Jervis chocks, I found a pair locally at a recycle boat yard, $3 each. I had to go through hundreds of cleats and chocks to find two decent ones. Took at least an hour but I was very happy to find a set. And finally, I’d like to thank Larry of Vintage Boatworks here in Cali. He sold me a beautiful set of different hardware, could be Jervis, which I’ll save for a later project. Larry also sold me a nice Attwood bow light that will accept a staff, and that I already have. Other than the stern handles, all the hardware have been replaced with decent like original Jervis items and no new holes to drill. Thanks again everyone.

Eduardo

Original chock
Replacement chock
Original stern light base and cleat
Replacement stern light base and cleat

This Perko bowlight was on the glassic but after removing it, the original bowlight was an Attwood. You can tell by the original outline on the gelcoat plus the holes that were already present.
These Attwood lights were common with the Jervis hardware and I believe was what came with this glassic. Bowlight courtesy of Larry in Bakersfield, CA.
I had a spare stern light, but needed the longer original pole for it's length, which needed to be taller than the hardtop. Had to cut at least a 3/4" off the top and bottom so I can remove the pole from the base and the top light. Drilled a new hole for the screw to accept the new light, polished the pole, and the light was complete again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)