Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2010 Keels & Wheels

2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6559

I did not see where anyone else posted this, so here is the video from this year's Keels & Wheels in Seabrook, TX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Scottsman
Scottish by birth, American by law,
Texan by the grace of God.

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6564

Great video, but 98% wheels and maybe 2% keels!

Frank

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6567

That was my impession as well. :dry:

I guess that answers my question of why there is not more classic boat shows or magazines for classic boat collectors.

At least in Texas...the car is still the king. :S

The Scottsman

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6568

I don't think it's only TX. I'm president of a car club here that puts on some of the biggest cruise-ins in the country (800-1200 cars once a month June, July, August & September), and I can't get the club to go along with allowing classic boats to be towed in. Just price a classic car vs. a classic boat and see what ya get!

Frank

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6574

PC1000 wrote:

I don't think it's only TX. I'm president of a car club here that puts on some of the biggest cruise-ins in the country (800-1200 cars once a month June, July, August & September), and I can't get the club to go along with allowing classic boats to be towed in. Just price a classic car vs. a classic boat and see what ya get!

Frank

I see your point, but then compare the amount of effort put into restoring most classic cars (especially the ones that frequent car shows.. Mustangs, Tri-5s, Corvettes, slab low riders) versus a classic boat. Most of those cars can be built from the concrete up using catalog parts, not to mention there is an auto body shop on every corner. All it takes is cash!
Then try to locate parts for most classic boats and good luck finding a shop to help fill in where your talents are lacking.

The other sad thing is, even where I live, where there is as much visible water surface as there is road surface to show off your boat, there is still a lack of pride in showing off a custom boat versus a custom car.

The Scottsman

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6576

PC1000 wrote:

Frank

Frank,

Do you really need permission to bring a boat to a cruise in?

I figured I'd just bring mine to a few and see what happens.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6577

You do for our cruise-ins, certainly not all. We get so many cars & trucks at ours Dave we literally run out of room. The club has rules, no trailered anything, no motorcycles, no dogs, etc. You bring a classic boat to ours and you would be turned away.

Frank

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6578

Interesting...

I'll have to do some research.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:2010 Keels & Wheels 14 years 4 days ago #6579

There are plenty of cruise-ins around Albany that would allow trailers, just not ours. Best to check before you go is all I'm saying. We have the distinction of having one of the biggest cruise-ins in the country, and just don't have room.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)