Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member 1963 Trailorboat

New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63826

Hello,
I just joined the forum, since I just purchased a 1963 Trailorboat, with an Evinrude Lark 35. It has been sitting for a couple of years. I will need some advice/help reviving it. I would like to know what model my boat is. Does anyone else on the forum have a Trailorboat, or an Evinrude Lark 35 engine?
Thanks,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63828

welcome Chris,im not sure on the boat,but yes i have the same motor,a 1959 golden jubilee,you lucked out ,its a 50th anniversery addition,and very well liked,at least it looks like one its a little hard to tell from that pic,but im pretty sure,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63831

plus check out the glassic boat library at the top of the page,but here is a link too. www.fiberglassics.com/library/Trailerboat

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63833

i was able to click twice on your pic,and yep its a golden jubilee,1959,it should also have a ignition switch plate with a golden sunburst.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63858

Welcome Aboard Chris.

Sweet boat. And yes. As John said - that's a very good motor.

P.S. Post more pics.........It keeps the others happy.

Trust me, YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM HAPPY!

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63859

Thanks John! I'm printing the Lark manual that's on this site. After I read it, I might have some questions.
Chris

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63861

Thanks Littlefin!
Here are some more pics

[/img][/img]

I got interested in Trailorboats when I saw their camping trailorboats at the May Madness Car Show here in San Rafael. I'm from San Rafael and into local history.
Chris

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63862

That should hold them for a while. Thanks

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63868

Hello,
I printed the manual. It does not say what size battery that I should buy. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't think that my motor has the accessory generator. Also, I don't have the original gas tank. I have a plastic one which will do for now. Does anyone have an extra, or should I look on Ebay?
Thanks,
Chris

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 11 years 9 months ago #63874

Plain ol 12 volt marine battery. Nothing special.

Nothing wrong with the plastic fuel tank. Ethanol isn't good for 'em as far as I have heard. Actually, avoid ethonal fuel for the old motor anyway.

Andreas

Re:New Member 1963 Trailorboat 2 years 7 months ago #145298

There are several of us that are well versed in anything you want to do on the engine.
First off that is an engine requiring a 24:1 fuel oil mix, That will keep the old girl happy and alive!
Secondly even if there is no generator on the engine a charged 12V batter will start the engine for a week or more between charges. This engine requires no battery to run, only to start.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7446 guests and one member online