• Page:

TOPIC: Bell Boy Banshee

Bell Boy Banshee 13 years 11 months ago #5878

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
A guy posted a 59 Bell Boy Banshee for sale on CL, about 4 miles from my house! I really don't need another boat, considering it is similar to my 59 Tomahawk, but it is worth a look being so close. (I might consider it if the gel coat is still usable - the Tomahawk is paint). It has been stored inside for the last 7 years, but don't know history beyond that. Any thought on what to look for in a Bell Boy, besides the usual problems? Not that familiar with the breed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Bell Boy Banshee 13 years 11 months ago #5883

Not a lot of BellBoy boats out your way - so that may make it more desirable when compared to others around your area. This particular boat was built pretty light, so be on the lookout for hooks in the hull.

Re:Bell Boy Banshee 13 years 11 months ago #5885

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've seen numerous Banshees. More often than not when finding them in the weeds or wherever... the Fins are missing the signature item... the fin moldings. They're huge and make a banshee one of those finned beauties identifiable on sight from the rear. (ah yes, fiber-booty... another topic altogether)

Roomy for the most part and make for great eye candy when restored well. But if you don't have the fin moldings & other hardware it kind of defeats the purpose of having a finned boat for restoration purposes. I don't recall ever hearing of anyone reproducing them. Probably pretty hard to find... or make your own.

They usually have molded fiberglass seats (front & 2 facing rear with small walk-through) with aluminum posts that go to the floor, and the original transoms were very thin with a brace of sorts if I remember correctly.

Other than that, the usual.

Kelly

Re:Bell Boy Banshee 13 years 11 months ago #5895

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Went and visited it today. Fin caps missing. Floor needs replacing. Some minor glass work. Needs windshield, cushions and rub rail. Transom seems OK, topside gelcoat salvageable. Structurally seems good. Not worth it for me, however.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)