Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barbara J

Barbara J 14 years 3 weeks ago #5279

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of contact over the past few weeks I have been frantic with work and travel lately and have not had much time at home. We had a classic boat fest over the Easter weeked on a lake near to where I live and I entered the "Barbara J" and she really created some discussion with the boating community.

Ironicly she was the 4th oldest boat in the show being built in 1959 the oldest boat was built in the 1930s and was a lovelly old wooden cruiser. My wife and I will be visiting the USA in July this year and will be spending some time cruising the San Juan Islands with some old friends we met from our last visit in 2005. Doug Griffith and his family along with Dick Dow and several others will be getting together with us on Lopez Island from where we can cruise and enjoy each others company.

For those who don't already know of the "Barbara J' she is a 20ft offshore Skagit that I purchased in the USA and shipped her to Australia and restored her to her former glory. Doug and I intend writing the complete story of how and why later. It is a great story and one that I think most would enjoy reading.

Hopefully we will be able to catch up with some of you on our visit, in the mean time I have attached a few pics of the BJ

Enjoy

Aussie Jim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Barbara J 14 years 3 weeks ago #5282

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I'll bet she did create some conversation, she's beautiful! Quite the undertaking having it shipped "down under", kudos to you for all the effort in bringing back a classic Skagit. Please post some more pics for us to enjoy when you get a chance.

Mark

Re:Barbara J 14 years 3 weeks ago #5286

Absolutely beautiful. Sooo....does the prop spin the other way down there? :unsure:

Re:Barbara J 14 years 3 weeks ago #5301

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good to see ya Jim.

Kelly

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)