• MadProps
  • MadProps's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Anyone know where to find the HIN number on a 59 Crosby
I know there is one, its on the registration

thanks for looking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Crosby HIN # 14 years 3 weeks ago #5205

They weren't stamped like they are today. It was on a stick on label. May be long gone. I had a couple 58 and 59 Crosby's that still had them. My 59 Ranger does.

Re:Crosby HIN # 14 years 3 weeks ago #5209

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I will agree with C.B. .. I have a very thin al stamped plate about 4 1/2 " by 3" . Was on the inside rear transom when I got 58 Sequin.
.. CROSBY Fiberglass Boats, CROSBY AEROMARINE CO, Grabill, Ind
. have four squares , Model name , Max hp @ 90hp. ,,max load ,, Serial # which is in this format C 906 G3 xxx
. Is this for your police boat.?

Re:Crosby HIN # 14 years 3 weeks ago #5221

• MadProps
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
thanks guys, I assumed it was just missing

yes this is for the 59 Crosby Capri police boat. I am getting it registered this week, I have all the ride guide steering parts Thanks to Joe Poole, and I also have all the materials for the restore, & an upholsterer working on the seat cushions

today or tomorrow I am going to launch the boat for a shake down run with a 59 mercury MK55 then a Merc 1100SS.
I want to find any inherent issue like hull hooks , listing, etc etc etc BEFORE I start the restoration, well... and I want to go for a buzz, its been a long winter

Re:Crosby HIN # 14 years 3 weeks ago #5243

Madprops....I had a 1958 Capri. Love of my life and solid as a rock. You need to worry about the balsa core. Transom should be ok as they were capped. I have a performance artcile Hank Bowman did on the Capri back in 1958. Said was impossible to flip. Ran it multiple times at WOT and threw it into a turn, and all the boat did was turn. Never dug a chine. This was the boat I lusted after as a kid. I had a 57 (wood top) when I was in high school. A teenager on the River had one with a big merc on it and you could hear him coming a long ways off. The boat presents itself beautifully at speed. Here's a few photos of my boat, now sold to make room for others.
Attachments:

Re:Crosby HIN # 14 years 3 weeks ago #5251

• MadProps
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yep thats my boat, crosbyboat thats a beauty!!!

Im doing mine in Black on White not because it was a police patrol boat but because I am going to run both white and black mercs depending on how fast I need to run, I mounted the 59 white MK55 and I like the way it looks, this may be my favorite boat of all the boats Ive owned , I really like the dash being a take-off of the 57-58 Corvette I havent been for a ride yet, maybe tomorrow

I read that same article, how they deliberately tried to flip the boat, and it couldnt be overpowered (in its time & the MK78A was the fastest at that time)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)