• Page:

TOPIC: 1250 Runs Nice

1250 Runs Nice 14 years 3 weeks ago #5004

• milkdud
  • milkdud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Well made my own jack plate out of 4x4/.25 angle aluminum and mounted the 1250 to the Carlson Contender.

Went out today and damn Thom you were right that 99 cube 1250 will flat out walk by my 93 cube 1100. The mid range punch is impressive.

Ok the question???

How to rebuild the transom swivel? It it the shaft or the bushing that wear?

This thing gets squirrly approaching 60 mph and its mostly due to the slop on the swivel area.

Conrad
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1250 Runs Nice 14 years 3 weeks ago #5077

Conrad, I replied to your post on Scream and Fly and I'm thinking about your 90 HP Merc shortshaft. I thought I had a deal on another motor but it looks like it could fall through. I may get in touch if it does.

Meanwhile, since I have a Contender on the way to me with no transom, I'd like to ask about your jack plate. Does the boat porpoise much at mid speeds? It looks like you have the motor clamp about 2-3 inches above the transom. On a short hull 5 inches of setback seems like a lot. I keep hearing that these boats like to sky the bow, did you run it without the plate?

I plan on running a shortshaft on the transom of mine and your experience may help me to decide how tall to make the new transom.

Thanks, Bernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)