Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What the heck is this???

What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4886

Good day.
I cannot seem to get an ID on this boat.
Please help me with a positive ID.

Thank you.
Andrew
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4949

It looks "younger" than most here. Does it have a number printed on the transom?

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4951

If it has a number printed on the transom, try posting in the 70's forum. They started putting #s on transoms (usually the right side as you're looking at the back of the boat) like in '71 or '72. If there isn't a # there, then heck, I dunno. Neat lookin little boat tho!

Frank

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4952

I am going to look at the boat this afternoon I hope. I will examine it for markings. Owner claims it is a Maverick, but that has been debunked. It has a very distinctive air scoop and square window. Perhaps the search light is an aftermarket item?

I really want to know what it is prior to possibly purchasing it as a refurbishing project. I really like the aesthetics of this one. Seller is asking $2,200.00 for it (with working motor). Not sure if this is a reasonable price or not.

Any input or advice would be appreciated as I am somewhat of a newbie to old glass boats.

Andrew

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4953

Square windows are usually later than earlier.

$2200 might be reasonable if everything has transferable registration, the trailer is in perfect working order, the transom and floor are solid, the exterior is in very good to excellent condition, and the seats look like they're in good shape. In other words, it's "turnkey" spit and polish and go.

Frank

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4963

I personally think $2200 is pretty steep for that boat. I believe you can find a nicer example for the money if you look around a little and take your time. Where are you located?

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4967

I am in Nova Scotia Canada.
I am in no rush. Just like the looks of this little boat.

Appreciate the input.

Andrew

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4969

I have relatives in Halifax! I can't wait to get back up and visit my favorite place in the NE - Cape Breton.

There's got to be plenty of old boats around there.

Frank

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #4971

pocket wrote:

I am in Nova Scotia Canada.
I am in no rush. Just like the looks of this little boat.

Appreciate the input.

Andrew

It is unique that's for sure. Especially with the scoop on the front. It's not really my style, but if you like it and it's solid and runs then the price may not be that bad. Most boats are worth what YOU are willing to pay. Also, if you walked up with $1800 cash he may just take it. :laugh:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #5144

Ok. I went to see the boat. It is actually a Quebec (Canadian) made Cadorette. Still no idea as to what the year is. Either way, it was not nearly as charming in person as it was in the photo. The transom was in bad shape and there was a poor patch job done on the bottom of the hull. Also, there were lots of hairline (spider web) like cracks in the gel coat. Would be a major endeavour to restore this boat. And for the price he is asking, it is just not worth it. I figure the boat, motor and trailer might be worth $500 at best.

I will keep looking....
Thanks for all your input
Andrew

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #5180

It looks like a blend of a Glastron & Scott

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #5308

My bet would be a Grew, or possibly a Peterboro. I know Grew made some similar looking glass runabouts in the late 1960s into the 1970s... That would also cover the Canadian location as Grew were made in Canada.

Re:What the heck is this??? 14 years 3 weeks ago #5309

Here is another Grew. The windshield is what made me think of them...
- Scott
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)