• Page:

TOPIC: i need rubrail help

i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4768

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
this is the rubrail from the 64 custom craft sunray,i tried every where and the closest match i can find is wefcos,but its hollow in side,does anyone know where i can find some like this,its 1 1/4 inch wide,1 inch thick,with the cutout at7/8 deep and3/8s high(sorry about the 1st pic,its blurry and i should have cut the rubrail off evenly,this how it looks where it broke off with ragged edges)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4771

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
this is the closest ive found yet,wefcos profile 0400g,but its hollow,but the dementions are close. sorry i cant get the profile sheet from wefo to show up in a pic.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Brian Lawson - John needs rubrail help! 14 years 1 month ago #4775

John I need rub rail help too, but it's an installation problem. I already have the correct rub rail. All I do is obsess about how I'm ever going to get it on without screwing it up.

As I mentioned once before, I am pretty sure Brian Lawson (crosbyboat) knows the Wefco part # you need.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4777

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks frank,my rubrail screws on from under it,but im a little worried about the very tight curve at the back of the boat,im hoping a heat gun on low will work to curve it around,just need to paint it and get the rubrail,lol.you can see them in this pic,its on both sides,lol
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4779

A little heat to excite the molecules and she'll roll right around those corners. Not too much though!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4790

• Erik
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I had to do my 21 ft four winns, I laid it out in the sun for a bit to help get it the coil out of it. I also learned that a little graphite lube (its just what I had, anything will work), hair dryer on low, rubber mallet, wide putty knife, and a pair of pliers. On the long side of the boat, I just lubed up the rail and grabbed one end of it and started to pull after I got it started in the track. I had my wife kinda guide it with the putty knife while I was pulling on it. We did this a couple different ways since the existing rail was a little beat up. When I got to the back, hair dryer on low worked great... especially since the paint was fairly fresh AWL Grip. I had to kinda work and beat it with the mallet, but it went right in. Since the end I was pulling on had plier marks on it, I just cut it straight and heated it up while bending and beating it in. Sounds brutal, but it worked out fine. Since I did this in Miami heat, by the time I started the other side, it was much more plyable. These were all TACO products. Good luck!

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4792

I just installed a new Taco rubber rubrail on this Rinker last week. Silly me forgot to take any pics afterwards, but it went on great. I just laid it out in the sun before hand and it bent easily.
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4793

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Ive also heard that you can soak the rub rail in HOT water before hand.

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4794

Bigfoot wrote:

Ive also heard that you can soak the rub rail in HOT water before hand.

Yep, that works too!

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4797

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys ,thats what thought,my heat gun on low a far away from it,only trouble is i have find some 1st,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4800

Mine's aluminum. Who can come up and give me a hand with it?

Frank

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4840

• bogman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
as stated before hot water works well, we just kept the rubrail in a tub of hot water beside the boat as we put it on..

Re:i need rubrail help 14 years 1 month ago #4842

A screen roller is also a big help. It's used to install the "bead" that holds a household screen into it's frame. Kinda looks like a pizza cutter. Also, check out your local glass shop. They use a nylon stick to set auto glass in and out of rubber gaskets. :laugh:

Regards
Ed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

Aquabird steering wheel
05-28-2024

Aerocraft/Waterwonder 18 imperial runabout 1960
( / Boats)