Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting the word out.....

Getting the word out..... 14 years 1 month ago #4626

Every April, there is a very large car show in Redding, Calif. (where I live) called "Kool April Nights". Thousands of people pour into town from all all over the place, many bringing beautiful hot rods and restored classics with them. On thursday night, a very large crowd of cars and people gather at the town's oldest drive-in burger joint for a 50s night show & shine. The police had to close off the main street in front of the place this year to make room for more classic cars. I snuck my Reinell into the burger joint parking lot at about 4:00pm, unhooked it & drove away. (The trailer had a lock on it) Later that evening I went down to take a look around the place. I was happy to see that the people there really liked the boat & many were excited about it. a couple "car guys" offered to buy it from me, but nobody flashed any cash my way. My hope is that next year I can talk the car promoters into haveing a small section set aside for fin boats. These pictures clearly show that the public would like to see more of these type boats.

Bruce G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Getting the word out..... 14 years 1 month ago #4854

Good for you Bruce. I'm president of the Capital District Cruisers this year. We put on one of the biggest cruise-ins in the country (800-1200 vehicles each time) the 2nd Monday of June, July, August, and September. I brought up to the club my idea of having classic boats as long as they were hauled in by classic cars or trucks. Wouldn't do it.

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

Aquabird steering wheel
05-28-2024

Aerocraft/Waterwonder 18 imperial runabout 1960
( / Boats)