• Page:

TOPIC: Bought some old junk

Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3238

• Oldskier
  • Oldskier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My son stumbled in to a 197? Johnson 85 HP and two 1973 Evinrude Lark 50's (matching pair) for $250 the other day. When we got there, the owner had one of the Larks on the back of a rotted out Glasstream bass boat. The owner said we could take the boat and trailer for another $50, so we dragged it all home. Of course, he said they all ran the last time out (naturally...) but we did compression test the lark on the boat and got 135 lbs. on both cyls.

What are these Larks worth if we get them running? Does anyone have a source for the OMC shop manual for them?

Thanks, Bernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3239

Hey Bernie! Boy, great deal ya got there buddy, good luck!

One of the OMC wizards around here is Chinewalker (Scott Smith), maybe he'll pipe in. He rebuilds, buys and sells a lot of those motors and would have a good current idea of what they might be worth.

Frank

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3240

• Oldskier
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Frank, I hope it's a great deal. If all three compression test good it will be. What I need now is a nice 14c lookin for a set of twins! LOL!

I hope to get a couple in running condition, I'll clean carbs and check the running condition, if they seem to run ok I'll put impellers in 'em and sell 'em for some cash to find an inline 6 Merc.

I have a boat in Texas (long story) that DEARLY needs a shortshaft inline.

Bernie

P.S., just talked to my son and he found manuals for both the 85 and the 50's...YEA!

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3241

Oldskier wrote:

....... What I need now is a nice 14c lookin for a set of twins...........quote]

Today is your lucky day! I have a 14C needing twins. When to you want me to pick up that old junk and haul it away for ya? ;)

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3242

Gee Bernie, if you find a nice 14C, you're gonna want more hp than those two 50hp motors aren't you? Somebody has to catch up to Dick and Jeff. :laugh: It sure isn't gonna be me!

Frank

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3243

• Oldskier
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Frank, I'll need more than bigger motors to catch those guys...they got more tricks than a Saturday night Las Vegas, uh....workin girl.

Re:Bought some old junk 14 years 1 month ago #3245

That's very nicely put Bernie, and the 1st time today I've laughed out loud! I don't know where these guys find all the cool hot rod stuff they do, but it's good somebody does (or can). Keeps the rest of us amused!

I built my 14T to just be a regular little runabout. I'm hoping for 45, but if I don't get there, it's no big deal. We'll have fun anyways. If nothing else, I think that old 1000 of mine will at least get us on plane!

Good luck with those motors Bernie. Keep us posted.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)