Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to get another bigger boat

Time to get another bigger boat 1 year 2 weeks ago #147865

I have three mid 60s cars so time to find a mid 60s boat,I have a 12 foot aluminum boat which is fine to fish out of but does not go every fast. Would be neat to pull up to the lake with a mid 60s car pulling a 60s boat,.would love to have a wood boat but no place to store one inside so it will have to be one made out of fiberglass. I have a few car projects going on but might be able to squeeze a boat in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to get another bigger boat 1 year 2 weeks ago #147866

Welcome to the forum first and foremost. Lots to choose from and this site is a great base to peruse and choose one that moves you!

Time to get another bigger boat 1 year 2 weeks ago #147867

Welcome to Fiberglassics. I am not saying a boat cant be stored outside but keep in mind a fiberglass boat has wood in it as well along with foam that over time will become waterlogged. Storing outside will require good, if not great effort to keep the elements outside of the boat and from eventually causing damage or rot. I dont know how your finances are but if you are considering purchasing a boat project, I would assume you are doing ok. I would maybe consider a storage unit that is close to you. They are pretty reasonable in prices around me. I expect around Dayton $50 to $80 a month to keep your boat out of the weather wouldn't be a bad idea/investment.

Update: After looking at a couple of units near your area, I see you would be spending about $100 a month. Maybe consider putting a carport in your back yard to protect your investment.

Time to get another bigger boat 1 year 2 weeks ago #147869

A car port would be the best and most cost effective way to store it,I am going to see what is available and I have been on here for a few years and do not know why it said it was my first post. Now it's been a few years since I was last here due to computer failures and trying to remember all the places I have been.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)