Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod

1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod 1 year 7 months ago #147102

Hi all, new here, located in Rock Hall MD. Wanted to share pics of the project boat I've been working on all summer now that it's running and back on the Chesapeake Bay. It's a 1959 Crosby (not sure of the model... could be a Sportsman or a Hurricane?) with a 1959 Evinrude Lark 35. When I bought the boat it had bench seats, which I removed and replaced with a custom interior configuration. The motor took some work (and a bunch of parts) but it's all good now. Took it for the first outing this weekend and it's a blast, and certainly gets looks/questions when it's in the slip at my marina! Anyway, looking forward to posting a few questions down the line and answering any of yours, and I'm planning to take it to the St. Michaels Antique Boat Show next June if anyone will be there to meet up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cballer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod 1 year 7 months ago #147123

Man... every day when I walk down to the docks I go, "Wow... that's a good looking boat"... and then I smile when I remember it's mine.
Attachments:

1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod 1 year 7 months ago #147129

Very nice, great job!!!!

Bob

1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod 1 year 7 months ago #147150

Thanks Bob! Took the boat out again last weekend, had a total of four people with the bimini up, and she got right up on plane with no problem. Motor feels like it needs the idle needs a little bit of tweaking but other than that no problems at all. I picked up some accessories this week... a rear view mirror for the bow and a flagpole mount for the back and a couple more cleats... trying to fill in the existing holes where previous owners had things mounted before!

1959 Crosby / Evinrude Lark 35 Resto-Mod 1 year 6 months ago #147217

Well it's been a month since I first posted, and unfortunately I don't have much to update. Last time I took the boat out (with my son and his GF) it felt like the idle was a little low as we headed towards the bay (I live on a protected cove, but it's a no wake zone because of all the marinas), and once we got out there, I wasn't getting all the power that I did on the previous ride. After a few minutes running at full throttle, it got better (but still not as strong as it was) so I put a call in to my engine guy and hopefully he will be able to tinker with it this week. The weather here hasn't helped, as it's been raining for several days now. In fact, I have to go check on it today as there are only a few more days in the season before I pull it for the winter and I'd like to get one or two more rides in.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8514 guests and no members online