Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147029

I am gonna be redoing an old 1963 Glastron Jetflite V143. Here is a little backstory on the boat, my grandfather was looking for a first boat for my father when he came across this boat and purchased it. When he was driving home with my father in the car, he said that this will not be his first boat because of how much work It needed. So my grandfather started by redoing the floor in the boat and repainting the sides of the boat to a dark Corvette blue and was prepping the deck for paint next, but he never painted and the boat sat for years with a tarp over it, then he took the tarp off because he was gonna start working on it again, but it now sat without a tarp on it. So here we are now and my grandfather has passed and my grandmother gave me the boat to restore, then sadly shortly after she gave me the boat she passed as well. Now the house was being sold and I had to get the boat out so the boat was located in New York and we had to get to Rhode Island so we changed a winch strap and a rim and tire and we were now on our way home, hoping the trailer would not fail because it sat for all those decades. We finally got to the half way of the trip because we had to get on a ferry which would take us to New London Connecticut, then we would have to drive on the highway home. We then made it home, and it was now time to plan out the restoration. Here are some photos of the boat below:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147031

looks like you have some work ahead of you. will be a cool old boat when done, make sure you check out the floors and transom. if there is any rot there, you will most likely be looking at stringer repairs as well. Im currently working on "project Knot Sure" (well my project has been paused for a while as it is summer and most of my free time is spent fishing) My boat appears to be an old Glastron but may be a splash of it. cant find any identifying numbers on my project to confirm anything. Feel free to check out my first boat project. fiberglassics.com/forum/main-forum/133549-restoration-project-make-mode-year-unknown.html Its a few pages long at this time as this project is over 9 months in due to time restraints
The following user(s) said Thank You: RLP Boats

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147033

Glad to hear from you Lenny.....thought you may have moved on to something else...

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147040

Thank you for the advice. I am doing a full restore on the boat and will be checking the stringers, floor and transom and I will try to keep posted on the restoration. Wish me luck!

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147070

Didn't really move on to anything else other than fishing. Work is keeping me busy as ever so any spare time we find, we are gone fishing! The project is not buried, I keep looking at it every day and wish I had the energy to work on it now and get it wet this year but I am afraid that wont happen. Realistically, when it gets cold, I wont be out doing anything else and will probably get it done before winter is over and be mad that i didn't do it sooner having to wait for the ice to melt. I have an opportunity to purchase a 87 Hydrostream Valero with a 200hp outboard... I may have to buy that for a toy this year.

1963 Glastron Jetflite V143 Restoration 1 year 8 months ago #147071

RLP Boats wrote: Thank you for the advice. I am doing a full restore on the boat and will be checking the stringers, floor and transom and I will try to keep posted on the restoration. Wish me luck!

Good luck and have fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RLP Boats

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)