Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1956 chris craft???

1956 chris craft??? 2 years 6 months ago #145452

Good day to all I just bought this boat from the original owner who said antiques roadshow wasn’t able to positively identify it. I’d really like to know what i bought.
it is registered as a 1956 chris craft but a list of what chris craft offered in 56 does not include any 14’ glass boats
HELP!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1956 chris craft??? 2 years 6 months ago #145454

Well, The first fiberglass Chris Craft that I know of was the Silver Arrow in 1959 which was a wood boat skinned in Fiberglass. BUT the first bits of fiberglass on a Chris Craft was the Chris Craft Cobra in 1955.
In my opinion ? That looks nothing like any Chris Craft I've ever seen ? I could be wrong ? proto-types are made all the time. You may want to reach out to the Chris Craft club. Maybe someone there can correct me ? chris-craft.org/
It may be a Chris Craft wood Kit boat that someone skinned in fiberglass and added the barrel/torpedo back end ?
Is the interior hull of the boat fiberglass ? or wood ?
Good luck and have fun on your search !

1956 chris craft??? 2 years 6 months ago #145457

Yeah I'm with Chuck on this one. Doesn't look like any Chris Craft I know of. I think someone just put Chris Craft logo on it to register it. Could have been a home made. MAyeb someone else recognizes this.

Bob

1956 chris craft??? 2 years 6 months ago #145462

yeah
it kind of looks more like a custom craft hull the more i research early glass boats

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)