Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 57 Crosby Capri

57 Crosby Capri 2 years 6 months ago #145400

My grandfather owned one of these and we had great fun growing up tooling around in it. After a recent family get together the subject turned to grandpa's boat and so I started doing some research on it and found some wonderful information on this site. I have a fleeting thought that it would be nice to purchase one if I could find it and it was not in too bad of condition. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about locating one of these boats and the present market value? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

57 Crosby Capri 2 years 6 months ago #145401

Welcome to Fiberglassics !
You've come to the right place. Lots of knowledge and connections here.
A few questions you'll have answer to yourself ?
How much do you want to spend ?
How much work do you want to do for the price ?
How far are you willing to travel to get what you want ?
Where are you planning on storing it ?
Mamma will not be happy if you kick her car out of the garage.... if your garage is even deep enough for the boat , motor and trailer ?
As for a fair price ? Remember, their stuff is gold and your stuff is garbage when it comes to sell/buy.
Looking at pictures on the web, it's a pretty boat but the capri does not look like a high price desirable boat ?
You'll have to look around ? Some give them away for free, some want 8000 dollars ?
The hunt is the fun AND frustrating part. Now is a good time to look because the season is ending and folks want to unload boats.
A quick search on the web, I see a nice looking one, looks like a turn key boat for 6000 dollars, but that seems high to me? But remember, nobody will pay more than the asking price, because they expect a lower bid ?
But then again ? I've heard boaters in 50,000 dollar boats pull up to you saying I wish I could afford a beautiful classic like that ?
Boating is like going to Vegas.... you spend a ton of money have great fun time, and come home with only fun memories . Ha-Ha-Ha !

So how bad do you want it ?
www.powerboatlistings.com/view/48184
Attachments:

57 Crosby Capri 2 years 6 months ago #145442

Thank you so much for the reply and the great questions, some I did not think about. I saw that ad and unfortunately it is 5 years old but probably more interested in something that is more seaworthy than not such as one like that. I have to image the boat is pretty rare now given that it have been 64 years since they were made. I will keep searching and this site seems like a good place to keep coming back to.

57 Crosby Capri 2 years 6 months ago #145445

I did check on the ad you sent. Boat was sold 2 years ago for $6,000. Just thought I would share the information.

57 Crosby Capri 2 years 5 months ago #145534

Here are a couple pics of my ‘57 Crosby Capri. Not a super valuable boat, but a rare, cool one. I meet lots of people at the dock wherever we go. I imagine I’d get maybe 5-7k if I ever sold her. I grew up on this boat, so I’ll die with her. I see them for sale every once in a while, usually in terrible shape where it would cost far more to restore it than you could sell it for. But, if like me, you’re more interested in the family connection and having a tribute to your grandfather, I’d say go for it!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)