Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking at MFG Niagara

Looking at MFG Niagara 2 years 7 months ago #145319

I'm looking at a Niagara that's been sitting for 15 years. Motors are junk and transom is totally rotted but seems solid otherwise. Do I understand correctly that the floor and stringers are solid glass and not plywood like the transom? This one has the molded in splash well. Seems like that would make it impossible to replace the transom from the inside and I'd have to cut out the outside? I'm unsure of the year but I believe the originals had a removable splash well so probably not one of the real old ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking at MFG Niagara 2 years 7 months ago #145335

Based on the brochures in the gallery, you have a 1970 or 1971 model. The seats, bow design, steering wheel and emblems match those years. I had a '63 Niagara Custom with the cool sun N fun seating; I loved that boat and wish I kept it. Mine was a barn find and in very good condition so it just needed cleaning and a good coat of wax but I understand that the only wood in MFG boats was in the transom. I've read that had foam under the floor so that may be waterlogged. The deck can be separated from the hull to replace the transom from the inside, there's plenty of material here about different methods and people with way more knowledge on restoration than me. I've added some pics of my '63.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)