Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145290

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and excited to be part of this group. I have a Tomahawk Boat and trying to determine if it’s a 1958 or 1959 . The registration only has make (Tomahawk) and length 14ft of boat. The boat has all the original factory parts. The bimini has no tears just wear but great shape. Front cushion for bench excellent shall no tears. Has original oars with built in holes. Motor is a 30hp Johnson which also super clean and works. I’ve provided some pics and look forward to any input or information. Thank you, Karen and Gary.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145299

Are you sure about the engine? From the looks of it it is a 35hp and looks to be a 1958 from what I can see.
There is a model number tag on the front under the cowling that if you can give me the model number from I can help. Or just a good picture of the engine. Hint....the pic I have under my signature is a 1957 35hp. Take a look and see if the colors match on the cowling or are they reversed?

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145311

Hi there,

I did figure out the year by the chart. I compared it to red tag that says G-1458. It's a 59. The number 30 is stamped
on the motor so that's why I'm assuming it's 30HP. So now just trying to figure out the value of the boat.

1959 Ranger G-1458 14' FG DR 235 40 475.00

Thank you,

Karen

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145312

Well.....at the front of the engine, between the transom clamps and behind where the steering connects you will see a large plate.
Grab the model number off of that plate and we can solve the engine mystery for you as well.

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145313

I am a far cry from being a Johnson - Evinrude wizard, but my money is on Pappy's identification as a 1958 35hp Big Twin.
Granted,...There are 1959 burgundy & white big twins, but they don't have the same style cover, where in 1957-58 the front half of the cowling is released by a pair of clasps that allow either the front half or the back half to open - like I believe I'm seeing in one of your pictures.
Again,...I can probably answer any question you have on a vintage Mercury, but usually have to shrug my shoulders when it comes to the evil Johnny-Rudes.
A picture of the face (front) of the cover will help in identifying the motor.
Still a pretty cool old Johnny, regardless of how the year concern plays out.
I'm attaching a picture of a 1959 Big Twin Johnny.
doc

Attachments:

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 8 months ago #145315

I added a picture I found on the internet of a 1959 35hp Johnny.
The circle around the shift lever was already in the picture,...So someone must have been discussing the shift lever in the past?
doc

Identifying Year/Value of Tomahawk fiberglass boat 2 years 7 months ago #145316

I am by no means an expert either, but I do know the motor pictured is a 58 RDS20 Super quiet, as I have two of them. 59's where all white. They also made a red 35hp in about 57-58 that looks similar to the one on the tomahawk.
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7430 guests and no members online